More Quarters was the last stop of our South African adventure. The hotel is very nice, light and airy and spacious. The staff is really great and will help you arrange anything. We used their help with several things. Unfortunately, our days in Cape Town were filled with rain, wind, cold, and yes, even snow (on Table Mountain)! However, they always had a nice fire going in the lobby where we could warm up after being out in the stormy weather. We stayed in room 15 - which was very pretty. Even though you are in the city center, it is very, very quiet here. We slept very soundly, especially the nights we could hear the rain on the roof! There is a large living area that is combined with a dining area and a small kitchen. The bedroom was very spacious. The bathroom was also very nice with a large soaking tub, separate shower, toilet and sink. The bedroom had a very nice cupboard for storing clothing. It also included a laundry basket, a hairdryer, and a safe. The kitchen has a very nice mini-bar. Everything was very clean. It was up a steep set of stairs, so those with handicaps may have issues. Housekeeping was good, except for the coldest, rainiest night, there was no turndown service - so no hot water bottles to warm the bed that night. Oh well - we simply turned on the heat to make the room warmer that night. There was one minor issue when I went to make tea in the kitchen one evening. I pulled out a teacup that had coffee in it that had not been completely cleaned from the previous user. I simply pulled out a different cup that looked clean, but it did make me wonder about the cleanliness of the kitchen items after that. But that little thing was not important enough to make a stink about. This is a lovely place. The television was a little tricky to work, but who watches much television on vacation anyway.
They have a shuttle going to the Victoria and Albert Waterfront a few times a day and we took advantage of this one day. It was a very nice perk to have that available.
The location is good. You can walk so many places, especially when the weather cooperates.
Breakfast is wonderful. The dining room is beautiful - light and calming. There is a cold buffet that has good selections and then there is a menu to order hot items. Brucely was a wonderful waiter and brought our tea and coffee every morning we were there. I do wish they would consider offering other meals and not just breakfast. It is such a pretty setting that one could easily enjoy a romantic, candlelight dinner in this beautiful space.
Like I said, this is a very lovely place and I would absolutely stay here again. The location is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining apartment living with the service and hospitality of a hotel makes this experience unique and ideal when visiting Cape Town. The location within Cape Town city bowl affords guests the ability to walk to both restaurants and boutique shops which are frequented by the locals, ensuring an experience where one becomes part of the city cosmopolitan way of life. The interior style of More Quarters Hotel is a subtle combination of “classic contemporary.” More Quarters is Owned and Managed by the More Hotels Private Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your More Quarters Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- More Quarters Hotel Cape Town Central
- More Quarters Hotel Cape Town, South Africa