Love the location and being one block away from the Sea Point Promenade and the ocean. It's easy to walk to restaurants along Beach Road or just walk one block up and find any number of conveniences from pizza, fast food and restaurants, home good stores (to get SA adapters cheap), clothing, or go to the Woolworth's gas station for food and ATM. This is a small, boutique hotel. Rooms are newly furnished and very large with a huge kitchen and living room area and a smaller bedroom. Rooms have large, glassed showers but no bathtubs. There is a pool and gym. Wifi works in the rooms. Loved the electric teapot and teas in the kitchen. Breakfasts have scrambled eggs and sausage, cereals, yogurt, fruit salad, cold cuts and a large bowl of fresh fruit (including whole apples, bananas, nectarines, etc) and you can also pay about US $1.50 for an omelet. The hotel is quiet, staff was helpful. The red bus is a block away on the Sea Point Promenade. If you like to walk along the ocean you can go for miles in either direction on the wide path. We walked to V & A Waterfront which is about an hour away. You can stop and watch the hang gliders land on the green strip between the walkway and the road. If you walk, wear sunscreen. I did not and got very burned as the Africa sun is much brighter than in the USA. We would recommend this hotel and come back. We spent 8 days here and used it as a home base. We took day trips to Cape Peninsula and the wine lands with private guides we had arranged in advance and then went to the Old town, Botanical Gardens, Simon's Town, Boulder's Beach, Kalk Bay, and Constantine on the red bus and/or using a driver. A note to another reviewer, we always carry some thin, coated hangers at the bottom of our suitcase as I have never been to a hotel that has enough extra hangers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyde All-Suite Hotel Situated in the cosmopolitan area of Sea Point, The Hyde Luxury All Suite Hotel comprises of 36 swanky Luxury Suites and is Cape Town’s new hot spot for production crews, conferencing clients, and business or leisure travelers. Catering specifically to these discerning markets, the Hyde delivers the small things that make the big differences – with a style all of its own. The Hyde is an independently owned and operated boutique hotel of the highest standard with a commitment to excellent service and sophisticated comfort being the pledge of its dedicated, passionate owners and management team, ably assisted by their handpicked support staff. This philosophy of accessibility, extra care and attention to detail converts our guests into friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hyde All-Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hyde All Hotel Sea Point
- The Hyde All-Suite Hotel Cape Town, South Africa