“Kasteelpoort hike with Pietro” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Table Mountain Walks

Table Mountain Walks
Ranked #4 of 324 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Owner description: Table Mountain was recently adjudged one of the World's 7 Wonders of Nature. If you would like to be guided up Table Mountain, we can offer you a tour along several routes. The tour experience is all-inclusive, i.e. it includes a lunch, refreshments and return cableway ticket (or a walk down another route). Contact us to make a booking.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Kasteelpoort hike with Pietro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

My girlfriend and I got in touch with Pietro to try to join a group to do the hike and were promptly told that we were more than welcome to join the next morning on a hike. Pietro was very friendly and put a lot of effort to stay in touch with me to make sure everything was organised. The hike itself was amazing and beautiful with great shots of the whole of Camps Bay and Lion's Head. It was pretty hard although that is primarily due to my level of fitness. A great trail for anyone who is looking for a challenge. Pietro was also extremely informative and knowledgable about the rocks and formations as well as the flora and animals. We were out of luck when we finally made it to the top as the clouds had come over and the view was unfortunately unclear. Would highly recommend.

Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
“The best way to see Table Mountain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I were visiting Cape Town last December for the first time, and having climbed a few of the hills/ mountains in the UK, decided we'd like to climb Table Mountain whilst there. We're very glad we did!

On the day of the walk, Margaret picked us up from our hotel and drove us to the starting point of our walk where we met two other people. Our small group of 5 then started our ascent of Table Mountain, going via Skeleton Gorge.

The scenery and terrain at back of Table Mountain is very different to the front. We initially walked through wooded areas, before the scenery changed quite dramatically. Margaret was very knowledgeable of the plants and animals we encountered on our way.

The walk wasn't the easiest, although I think that was a lot to do with my fitness levels as the rest of the group didn't find it unduly difficult. Margaret was very patient however and didn't hurry me, for which I was very grateful.

The feel at the top of Table Mountain, towards the cable car station, was very different to the rest of our experience. It very much felt like a tourist attraction with large groups of milling around jostling for the same views. I think if we had limited our experience of Table Mountain to ascending and descending the cable car, we would have missed out on the hidden delights that Table Mountain holds in return for just a bit of effort. That said it was an experience to descend Table Mountain in the cramped Cable Car just because it's quite amazing how smooth and quick the ride is.

My partner and I would highly recommend walking Table Mountain and could not have imagined a better guide than Margaret.

London, United Kingdom
“Table mountain walk with Margaret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Myself and my partner decided to take on the challenge of walking up Table Mountain, partly because my partner was petrified of the cable cart but also because we wanted a challenge. From having looked on trip advisor we made contact with Margaret and we are both so pleased we did. We joined a small group with 3 others and set off on what was our three and a half hour walk. Margaret was a fantastic guide and was very patient with my partner who struggled a little with the ladders and some parts of the walk that were closer to the edge than he felt comfortable with. What he didn't realise was that he had to get the cable cart down but once we reached the bottom he commented that it was not quite as bad as he expected it to be. We did the Skeleton George walk and I would say a certain amount of fitness is required. We did the walk in mid December 2013 and it was a very warm day. We didn't take anywhere near enough water but Margaret was prepared and supplied us with more. We would do this again if we visited Cape Town and the views were stunning. The walk allows you to see so much more than you can by just using the cable cart.

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Table mountain walk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very good service. The trip was postponed initially due to bad weather. Margaret is very knowledgeable and friendly.

Visited November 2013
London
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Having looked at the great reviews on Trip Advisor, I contacted Margaret as I was in Cape Town on business. Margaret connected me to Pietro and I joined a Sunday morning group (four of us in total) to hike the Kasteelport walk to the summit, before descending via the Platteklip Gorge (it was too windy for the cable car). In short it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Even the wind and my slight vertigo combined to make it all the more satisfying to complete the challenge. None of this would have been possible without Pietro's calm, confident manner. He understood my limits and made sure that he guided me when I needed it the most. All in all, I would highly recommend booking with Table Mountain Walks.

Visited February 2014