“Great hike”

Table Mountain Walks
Ranked #7 of 345 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Table Mountain was recently adjudged one of the World's 7 Wonders of Nature. If you would like to be guided up Table Mountain, we can offer you a scenic hike along several routes. The tour experience is all-inclusive, i.e. it includes refreshments and transfers. Contact us to make a booking.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Many thanks to Margaret for a great tour. She promptly responded to my rather last minute request to join the full day tour and it didn't disappoint.
The weather conditions were not on our side when we hiked up, but I enjoyed the hike nonetheless. Having arrived somewhat inadequately prepared, Margaret was kind enough to lend me a durable rucksack for the tour. As we made our way to the peak, she would stop at various points to provide information about the flora and fauna; as well as explaining the route to us.
I would definitely recommend this tour if you are interested in doing a slightly more challenging (but perfectly do-able) hike under the direction of an experienced guide.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The walk we did up to the top of Table Mountain was breathtaking. I highly recommend anyone who wants to do Table Mountain not only to take the cable car (which I had done the day before!) but to also do this walk! The experience is way better and unforgettable! Our guide Pietro Villa was super friendly, warm, funny and knowledgeable.

I would do it again!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

A very pleasant hike up Kasteelspoort on the back of table mountain to see the fynbos and bird life in a magical setting. An easy ride down on the Cable way to see Cape Towns beauty. You haven't truly been to Cape Town until you have paid homage to the mountain. Margaret was enthusiastic and knowledgeable and organized all the details. A fantastic experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Don't leave Cape Town without hiking Table Mountain. I couldn't possibly imagine a better experience. With the superb guidance of Pietro my friend and I hiked up Skeleton Gorge and down Platteklip Gorge. I've been all over the world and hiked in many places but this hike has to be one of the most beautiful and awe inspiring. Pietro was incredibly knowledgable of the mountain and good hiking techniques and morale. He was positive, engaging, incredibly helpful, kind, and encouraging. I felt incredibly safe. I can not thank you enough Pietro for such an astounding hike. This will be a trip that I will genuinely cherish the rest of my life. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making it so meaningful :)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I did the Platteklip Gorge walk with Pietro and found it a great walk, taken at a pace set for the enjoyment of the clients. I found Pietro a great guide and source of information, not just on Table Mountain but on anything I was interested in, ( I did the walk a few days into my first visit to South Africa from the U.K.) and I was interested in pretty much everything. The cable car was closed at the time of the walk which actually made the time at the top better as it was virtually deserted which was a real treat. The conditions were perfect for viewing the city in all directions, which we had plenty time to do. I would love to do the full day walk in future, as on this visit I could,nt make it. I think Table Mountain is an absolute must while in Cape Town and would recommend doing so with Pietro to anyone.