“A 'must do' while in Cape Town”

Table Mountain Walks
Ranked #3 of 332 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Table Mountain was recently adjudged one of the World's 7 Wonders of Nature. If you would like to be guided up Table Mountain, we can offer you a scenic hike along several routes. The tour experience is all-inclusive, i.e. it includes refreshments and transfers. Contact us to make a booking.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A very pleasant hike up Kasteelspoort on the back of table mountain to see the fynbos and bird life in a magical setting. An easy ride down on the Cable way to see Cape Towns beauty. You haven't truly been to Cape Town until you have paid homage to the mountain. Margaret was enthusiastic and knowledgeable and organized all the details. A fantastic experience.

There are newer reviews for Table Mountain Walks

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Don't leave Cape Town without hiking Table Mountain. I couldn't possibly imagine a better experience. With the superb guidance of Pietro my friend and I hiked up Skeleton Gorge and down Platteklip Gorge. I've been all over the world and hiked in many places but this hike has to be one of the most beautiful and awe inspiring. Pietro was incredibly knowledgable of the mountain and good hiking techniques and morale. He was positive, engaging, incredibly helpful, kind, and encouraging. I felt incredibly safe. I can not thank you enough Pietro for such an astounding hike. This will be a trip that I will genuinely cherish the rest of my life. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making it so meaningful :)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I did the Platteklip Gorge walk with Pietro and found it a great walk, taken at a pace set for the enjoyment of the clients. I found Pietro a great guide and source of information, not just on Table Mountain but on anything I was interested in, ( I did the walk a few days into my first visit to South Africa from the U.K.) and I was interested in pretty much everything. The cable car was closed at the time of the walk which actually made the time at the top better as it was virtually deserted which was a real treat. The conditions were perfect for viewing the city in all directions, which we had plenty time to do. I would love to do the full day walk in future, as on this visit I could,nt make it. I think Table Mountain is an absolute must while in Cape Town and would recommend doing so with Pietro to anyone.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The cableway was under maintenance and we had to hiked up and down Table Mountain (via Platteklip Gorge). Our guide, Irene, is kind enough to take it slowly and gave us multiple breaks in between. She even brought fruits, food and water for us.

The hike up took us 2 hours 15 minutes. We spent about an hour on top of the mountain to take photos and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The restaurant and souvenir shop were closed during the cable way maintenance.

The journey down was faster, 1 hour 40 minutes. It was a memorable experience for us and we are glad that we did it.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Many thanks to Margaret to an excellent day out climbing Table Mt. The weather was perfect, fresh and sunny. Margaret took us up Platteklip Gorge where the views of the city were wonderful. We enjoyed the walk and learning about the different vegetation and wildlife. My sister and I really enjoyed the experience and are already looking forward to our next walking experience with Margaret when back in Cape Town.
Many thanks.