“A "foodies" delight”

Bizerca Bistro
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Open Monday to Friday for lunch and dinner. Closed on Saturday and Sunday and most Public Holidays
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recommended to us by a friend in Cape Town this restaurant lived up to our expectations - excellent food and service. We liked the fact that the menu was varied providing something for all tastes. They describe their menu as "South African with a french twist" which is right on the button. Service was excellent and we liked the fact that all the waiters and waitresses were there to help rather than have to wait for the person looking after your table.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am writing about Bizerca from a tourist perspective. That is, the food is very good, the decor is lovely and the service was faultless, but what really made the meal stand apart from others that we enjoyed in Cape Town (including La Colombe, Test Kitchen, etc) was the personal service provided by one of the ladies serving us. She was maybe one of the owners or managers, and when she learnt that we were new in town she spent some time with us at the end of the meal writing down recommendations for the city off the beaten track. She was obviously passionate about the city and was very willing to share her insider's perspective. We took many of her recommendations, and in addition to a great meal, we also had a bit of advice that improved our overall stay.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This must have been our 6th visit to Bizerca.
Always tasty food and very friendly staff. Parking is convenient just opposite the restaurant. The restaurant is very cosy and the food is tasty and delicious.
Do make your reservation well in advance.

1  Thank Choccywoccydooda
Reviewed August 13, 2013

After waiting for some time to dine at this restaurant with so many positive reviews, I finally made it - only to find that they are human. This was a dinner with errors that I hope are not experienced when I return - and I will. The ambience is delightful; the steak tartare one of the best eaten anywhere (but still not as good as I had in Gdansk); no shortage of servers all willing to attend to one. HOWEVER - the smoke salmon was swimming in a sauce; two of the main courses were mixed up and, while the correct dishes were prepared, two other mains sat in the kitchen, only to be served lukewarm, one of which - the Kingklip - just not well cooked at all. I noticed that, despite the large number of wait staff, napkins were not folded when diners got up to go and smoke or go to the toilet; no-one checked whether our meals were to our liking; after-diner brandy served with ice, without checking if ice was wanted in the drink (it was not). Do not be dissuaded by this review. I believe that the restaurant shows a human side, but there are attention to detail items that are not human, but a lack of addressing the front of house.

3  Thank capeintl
Reviewed July 20, 2013

A small bistro on Heritage Sq. with an elaborated but not overly complex cuisine; a good place for lunch, probably less for a dinner, with nice, well balanced wine list, although a bit short choice of wines by glass.
There is a sort menu but also a long list of daily specials with, in my case, an outstanding vegetable salad with a lot of greens, beetroot, radish, and many others served with very good, soft, local goat cheese; as a main, I took another starter of cod accras (Caribbean cod fish cake): one of the best I ever had, very light and without usual oily/fried texture, with some mozzarella-style cheese inside, making it even more delicious.
A small carafe of typical South-African Chenin to go with and here goes a delicious, light and well priced lunch !