“Good alternative at the Waterfront”
Review of Karibu

Karibu
Ranked #40 of 1,196 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: African, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a Truly South African Restaurant situated in the World Class V & A Waterfront. We serve traditional unpretentious good South African cuisine to international guests and locals alike.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We chose this destination for our final night in CT. They offer more or less traditional south african food, both our dishes were very good.
Location is also nice at the waterfront.

KaribuRestaurant, Manager at Karibu, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Good Day Marcel

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we are glad we could make your final night in Cape Town a great one.

Kind Regards

Teagan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had our last meal in cape town here. It is a lovely setting and because of the terrible weather (Sept 13) we were given blankets and the heaters were put on so we were lovely and warm for our meal. I had the bobotie and my son a steak, they were absolutely delicious. I was disappointed with the wine, in fact it was the worst wine I had in SA. Choose your wine carefully and the meal will be perfect!

Good Day Jcr

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our food and service. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy one of our wines. Should you have brought this under managements attention we would have gladly replaced the bottle with another wine from our 250 strong wine list.

We also will gladly let you taste the wines that are served by glass for to decide upon a wine if you are uncertain.

We hope that this will not deter you from joining us again and please let us know when you will be joining us again so that we can be sure to make it up to you with a special bottle of wine.

Kindly email us at kariburestaurant@mweb.co.za should you be in Cape Town again to make a reservation.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Restaurant is well located overlooking the V&A inner harbour, with seating inside and outside. Great African-themed menu with some unusual dishes like crocodile carpaccio.

Hi Pandalf

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed the Karibu experience.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Two couples seeking a nice meal whilst at The Waterfront. The menu looked appealing, so we decided to try it and we were not disappointed. The portions were a decent size. We ordered a selection of dishes and all were excellent in their own right. My only complaint was that I ordered a salad (extra charge) to come with my calamari main course and it was only as I was finishing the food that I realised it hadn't arrived. To be fair, I didn't chase it up, but a bit disappointed. I would certainly return to this restaurant as there were many very appetising items on the menu.

Good Day Fairlady

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your meal at Karibu. I apologise for your side salad not arriving at the table, it was definitely something we should have picked up on. I will address this and ensure it will not happen again.

Hope to have you join us for dinner again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We visited Karibu for the second time recently, courtesy of an invitation from Werner who is one of the owners, and we had a very pleasant evening. My husband's steak was perfectly cooked and my kingklip was also beautifully done with a lovely salad. My previous gripe had been about the milk tart which I didn't enjoy so I gave it another try and it was much more to my liking.

Our waiter, Marlon, looked after us very well and Werner also came over to have a chat and make sure that we were enjoying our meal. It is very heartening to find a restaurant who value their customer's feedback enough to offer them a complimentary meal after a less than great first experience.

1  Thank DeeCapeTown
KaribuRestaurant, Owner at Karibu, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Dee

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to make it up to you and taking the time to write a review.

As always we want our customers to have an amazing experience with us and correct past mistakes. We value customer feedback and always take every comment to heart. We are glad that you enjoyed your repeat visit and hope that you will join us again.

Best regards,