“Welcome!”

Ranked #49 of 1,173 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: African, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a Truly South African Restaurant situated in the World Class V & A Waterfront. We serve traditional unpretentious good South African cuisine to international guests and locals alike.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

According to the restaurant literature 'karibu' is 'welcome' in Swahili. And I can report appropriately named. The food theme is African fusion and we found it most palatable, deliberately choosing dishes unavailable at home. Service was excellent. Being downtown Capetown it is rather more expensive than places away from the centre but then one does get a magnificent view of Table Mountain. There is outdoor seating but it was too cold to sit out when we visited even with the blankets and overhead heaters that the restaurant supplies.

There are many restaurants in Victoria Wharf and we sampled only this one but I have no hesitation in offering a recommendation.

KaribuRestaurant, Manager at Karibu, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Good Day Edward

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, we strive to provide a memorable dining experience for our guests and we are glad when we exceed expectations.

We hope that you will join us often in the future.

Teagan

There are newer reviews for Karibu

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was recently in the Mother City attending an international conference and whilst shopping at the Waterfront, I decided to treat my partner to dinner at Karibu. Our waiter, Justin was sincere and served us with such warmth the entire evening. The management team including Chef James, are all very knowledgeable about wines, food and service.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal which was beautifully presented, flavorful and freshly prepared. To top of the evening, there was a performance by a local South African choir that cheerfully engaged with us and created great ambiance.

We had a wonderful time, thank you Karibu!

KaribuRestaurant, Manager at Karibu, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Good Day Melissa

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We appreciate all the feedback you have given us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Karibu.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my parents and what great service and automsphere. There was some african singers playing inside which were amazing to watch.
We ordered the butternut squash soup for starters which was devine. The main i had the honey and sesame chicken with herb mash, it was delicious. Cant say a bad word about it.
Now the desert, i ordered a milk tart which was described as a "short crust pasty with a cinnamon custard filling" it look more like a cheese cake and it was more of a biscuit base on the bottom no pastry in sight. My dad had it instead as it wasnt to my taste ha ha!
But all in all..a great night with great service and excellent value for money.

KaribuRestaurant, Manager at Karibu, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Good Day

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening with us. I am sorry that our milk tart was not your liking; we will definitely look into this for you with the chef.

I am very glad that your experience with us was a great one and I hope that you will join us again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I staid here last year during my Honey Moon. We had a very goog Sotuh-African meal.
For start thwy propose us Crocodail, it was very good!!!
We continue with two tipical African plates: Lamb with rice.

We enjoied the terrace overlooking the port

Good Day Alice

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am glad that we could have a hand in making memorable moments for you on your honeymoon. Hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

A delightful taste of South Africa. Set at the Waterfront and surrounded by a host of foody choice. The food and service were both very good and the kitchen extended into the restaurant with the Braai and the Potje stations both on the table side of the glass diving the kitchen from the clients.

Good Day Andrew

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your meal at Karibu and we hope that you join us again soon.