“Value for money”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Wexford
“Value for money”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The staff were attentive at all times. They very soon moved chairs around so that I could get in weth my wheelchair.
The portions were enormous and it is not often that I have to leave food on my plate but this one beat me. The waiter was most concerned that there was something wrong with the food and he seemed very relieved when we assured him that there was nothing wrong

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We visiting Karibu on our first night in Cape Town. We found the food to delicious with several vegetarian options. The sommelier was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. When we made our decisions on wine, he brought over several bottles of similar varietals for us to have a blind tasting. I ended up choosing other than I original ordered. It went perfect with our dinners. Would do it again.

Adelaide, Australia
“Great Location”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Wanting to sample some local food we chose this restaurant for it's location and variety of food.
We chose outside for the views and had heaters and knee rugs to take off the chill. The wine list is very expansive, even too many as it made it hard to choose. We chose a fish pate starter which was good and went for the traditional bredies for mains. My daughter went for the Malay curry and I had the slow cooked lamb stew (Waterblommetjie). Whilst the lamb dishes are served on the bone, both of our dishes were extremely tasty. We then chose Koeksisters which is a traditional dessert. Unfortunately it was not to our liking, nothing to do with the food but such not suited to our palates. Service was good and overall would recommend this restaurant for traditional South African fare.

Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
“Don't eat here”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ate here, the food was by far the worst meal we had in Africa. We ordered ribs which had just fat on them , virtually no meat on them. I ordered an African casserole , this was flavourless and also had virtually no meat as well, again just fat. The portions were small. The waitress did not ask how our meal was, when we told the waitress how disappointed with the meal we were , she showed no interest.
I would advise going somewhere else, every other meal we had in our trip was excellent, this was awful.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good selection of South African Fayre”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We ate here on our first night in Cape Town and tried various unknown meats for the first time which were all enjoyable. I had Ostrich, my husband Springbok and my kids had the selection plates. Waiter was friendly but service very slow and they weren't very busy. If we weren't so hungry it wouldn't have mattered as you can just sit and absorb the atmosphere of the V and A Waterfront. Prices were very high compared to other restaurants of a higher standard that we ate in whilst on our holiday but I understand that Karibu commands a spot in the tourist hub and so it is expected that their prices are high, just be prepared!

• Visited April 2013