Karibu
Ranked #40 of 1,193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: African, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a Truly South African Restaurant situated in the World Class V & A Waterfront. We serve traditional unpretentious good South African cuisine to international guests and locals alike.
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Located right on the harbor it might seem a bit touristy but guess what, you probally are a tourist. So go with it. Here is where you can enjoy a grilled game meal while Having putu and chacalacka, and crocodile carpaccio. Not inexpensive but where else can you get Kudu, Ostrich, Eland and Springbok all at one time. I even had Zebra the forst time I dined hete. Very good the first time and repeated itself the second time whe I introduced my son to the fare.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We visited Karibu as a couple, on a week night for our evening meal. I had the best starter of our whole 2 week holiday here - the mussel pot. Lots of large, tasty mussels in a thick, creamy, garlic and white wine sauce. It was delicious, and my husband was very jealous. He ordered the mussel soup, which although good, my mussel pot was better, hehe!

We shared a main and went for the meat platter, which was a special that day. This included ostrich, antelope, fillet steak, borewor, and a number of other meats which I cannot remember. All were cooked perfectly.

They have a very extensive wine list and the restaurant itself was presented perfectly. Only downside is that compared to other restaurants in the V&A it was a little pricey, however well worth a visit and we would definately return again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I love meat and this restaurant certainly served it up in style. Game meat is favourite of mine no matter where I am and this restaurant knows how to do it. The location and outlook is a bonus for diners.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Good restaurant for the meat but avoid fish. Very good choice of wines. Good service but a little expensive

Reviewed November 20, 2012

On our recent holiday in Cape Town we ate here three times and really enjoyed it. The menu is extensive with a good range of both local and international dishes. We tried ostrich, springbok, a couple of varieties of local fish and a Cape Malay curry, all of which was good. Prices for both food and wine were very reasonable. The service was variable - we found it better inside the restaurant - but all the staff were cheerful and pleasant. An African choir sang a couple of songs each evening which added to the atmosphere. All in all, a good choice.