“um....no thanks”

Harveys at the Mansions
Ranked #203 of 1,226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: African, European, Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Food, flair, flavour at Harveys . . . A "sundowner" is a drink taken at sundown, preferably whilst watching the sun slowly disappearing into the Atlantic Ocean. There are only a few places in Cape Town where one can do that in style and the terrace of Harveys restaurant at the Winchester Mansions hotel is one of them. Bistro by day and restaurant by night, Harveys offers guests South African cuisine with a European twist. No secret to the locals, the Winchester Mansions' Sunday Jazz Brunch is an absolute must. Throughout the year, renowned local and international jazz artists perform at the brunch, in summer in the If you have a chance, join us for the monthly Grapes, Gourmet and Gallery evening where Harveys welcomes food, wine and art lovers. We have joined forces with local and international artists and some of the best wine estates in the Cape for you to enjoy a great evening. For those special evenings with the girls join us for our Ladies' Night every Wednesday.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

took my wife for a nice lunch out in seapoint. we decided to try harveys for the first time. DO NOT GO HERE ON A MONDAY!!!! the view from the outside area is wonderful and the coffee was delicious, though it took 15 minute to get after ordered. everything else was a complete disaster. the food was over cooked and over priced and the service left me sour. I must say that we were impressed with the way the management handled our complaint. I will try again but not very soon and not on a Monday when the head chef is off.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I am perhaps a little too subjective as I just love Harvey's especially if dinner or lunch is served in the court yard. The wine list is great and the chef really takes trouble to assist with special dietary restrictions.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Awfully expensive Average quality food Poor service This says it all.

Beers wallet shredding expensive

Fantastic view of the sea.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great look out over the rolling lawns to the Atlantic, one of the best views for spectacular sunsets on the Atlantic seaboard. Lovely to enjoy cocktails and gaze across; staff most helpful.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

OK...here is a moan...not so much for Harvey's itself but for the bar area and restaurant where the service you get there is almost non excistant. A few months ago my wife and I went for a drink late on a Sunday afternoon, I ordered a draft beer and my wife a cola tonic. They were not that busy! After about 20 minutes we asked why it was taking so long to get our drinks and our waiter looked at us as though we were from another planet. In the end I asked for the manager on duty and we landed up getting our drinks on the house due to the poor service. I thougfht this may have been a once off but alas...I met 4 friends 3 weeks ago also for drinks on a Thursday evening. It was quiet and after walking in....we must've seemed invisible as non of the waiters came to serve us or ask if we have been helped. Eventually we got served and yet again , waited more than 20 minutes to get our drinks. My friend down from Josi could not beleive how bad the service was! To top it all off when asking why we don't get complimentary nuts anymore, we were told they are now chargeable. Doubt it will be returning here for a while unless the service and waiters get a good jacking up.

3  Thank Tanclive