“Delicious, real Italian food”
Review of Mario's Italian

Mario's Italian
Ranked #349 of 1,173 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We loved the food at Mario's, well prepared seasonal dishes as well as the traditional fare. Artichokes cooked as any good Italian mama would with plenty of garlic and parsley, cannelloni to die for, gnocchi as light as a feather, you would swear you were in Italy.

The homemade desserts were soooo delicious, homemade tartufo, semifredo and tiramisu were our favorites, went there several times we liked it so much.

There are newer reviews for Mario's Italian

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were staying down the block from Mario's in Cape Town and wanted Italian food. We were so happy we went there. The service was extremely friendly, the food for all 4 of us were excellent. Our pasta was delicious, the pizza was very tasty and the dessert's were very good too. Highly recommend this restaurant for Grandma's cooking!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Avoid this place like the plague.
Service was absolutely terrible, food was nothing special and they added a compulsory service charge to our bill, which is not common in 99% of the restaurants I have visited around the world.
Steers is a better option here.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The service was attentive and friendly, but the penne arribeata was oily, with barely any sauce and no attempt at garnish or appearance. It felt like it could have been made by a six year old. Bread was a rather stingy size. The biggest shock came with the bill - R135 for 3 glasses of the house red, which I know goes for under R40 in a supermarket. Very disappointing rip off.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I happened upon this restaurant on the first night of my first visit to Cape Town. I love home made pasta! It was great! The waiter was helpful and helped me "custom order" exactly what I wanted. Being a woman traveling alone, often single diners are not awarded this type of service. I was only sorry I was not staying in Cape Town longer so I could enjoy more meals there! (and most reasonable prices)