“Grown-up bar with divine cocktails!”
Review of Julep Bar

Julep Bar
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Do you find Long St getting too young & crazy some times? Julep is a surprising, charming little bar tucked away with delicious cocktails! Dim lights, exposed brick walls, walls adorned with black & white photos reminding me of film noir. On a quiet night, the bar is laid back and you can chill out on the couches for hours, with music that's not too loud so you don't have to shout to hear your friends! On a busy night, the bar is buzzing with locals and the occasional tourist who stumbles into the bar. Get ready for surprise musicians, live acts or DJ sets. Julep is one of my favourite bar in town!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

this place is awesome!!

its hidden, off a side street (just off Long Street)
one old school hanging lamp outside - no signage - It truly is a hidden gem

the cocktails were amazing, the service a bit slow but the bar was very busy! Completely acceptable considering
the setting is a stylish couched area and very old face brick walls - just such a good looking little bar.
I cant remember when last I had such a nice time at a bar - the service was very personal, I felt like royalty.

The bill was acceptable, not overly expensive (depending on your taste in drinks)
Try the watermelon Martini - it is amazing!!

1  Thank Clive A
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a great little bar set just off the action of Long Street.
There are many reviews praising this as cocktail bar which is I ventured in there.
It may have been an anomaly on the night I was there but I thought it was better described as a lounge bar that made decent cocktails.
It's not the kind of bar where they have multiple types of bitters, various aged and/or infused liquors etc. So don't go expecting Cape Town's answer to Milk and Honey.
That said it's it a great place to meet to start or even finish the night.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had read about this little cocktail bar in the guidebooks so decided to give it a try when we visited in March 2013.

We struggled to find it at first and gave up looking until we stumbled across it on the way home purely by chance as I happened to be looking down a side street and saw the sign for it.

It's a small cosy bar with a vibrant feel and good atmosphere and some decent upbeat music playing.

An extensive list of cocktails which after ordering at the bar were delivered quickly to our table with a friendly smile and a chat.

The bar was busy and there was a lot of people coming and going. We had a few cocktails in there and a very enjoyable evening.

Definitely worth a visit if you're in the Long Street area for a drink.