“STUNNING HIDDEN GEM”
Review of Julep Bar

Julep Bar
Reviewed September 24, 2013

this place is awesome!!

its hidden, off a side street (just off Long Street)
one old school hanging lamp outside - no signage - It truly is a hidden gem

the cocktails were amazing, the service a bit slow but the bar was very busy! Completely acceptable considering
the setting is a stylish couched area and very old face brick walls - just such a good looking little bar.
I cant remember when last I had such a nice time at a bar - the service was very personal, I felt like royalty.

The bill was acceptable, not overly expensive (depending on your taste in drinks)
Try the watermelon Martini - it is amazing!!

1  Thank Clive A
There are newer reviews for Julep Bar

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a great little bar set just off the action of Long Street.
There are many reviews praising this as cocktail bar which is I ventured in there.
It may have been an anomaly on the night I was there but I thought it was better described as a lounge bar that made decent cocktails.
It's not the kind of bar where they have multiple types of bitters, various aged and/or infused liquors etc. So don't go expecting Cape Town's answer to Milk and Honey.
That said it's it a great place to meet to start or even finish the night.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had read about this little cocktail bar in the guidebooks so decided to give it a try when we visited in March 2013.

We struggled to find it at first and gave up looking until we stumbled across it on the way home purely by chance as I happened to be looking down a side street and saw the sign for it.

It's a small cosy bar with a vibrant feel and good atmosphere and some decent upbeat music playing.

An extensive list of cocktails which after ordering at the bar were delivered quickly to our table with a friendly smile and a chat.

The bar was busy and there was a lot of people coming and going. We had a few cocktails in there and a very enjoyable evening.

Definitely worth a visit if you're in the Long Street area for a drink.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

this little speakeasy cocktail bar was wonderful. we also came in at a perfect time when happy hour was going on. it was great, staff was very friendly and the libations delicious and made with care. love it!

1  Thank Mons2314
Reviewed February 11, 2009

We found Julep in an article in the Capetown newspaper titled "what to do on New Years Eve". Tucked in a little alley off Long Street, a friendly couple greeted us at the door. The 100 rand cover included a complimentary cocktail, hors de ouvre and endlessly flowing champagne at midnight. The cocktail choice could be any of the specialties on their menu which included fresh juices and herbal infusions - Excellent! Very grown up, creative and not over the top sweet. Truly the Best Bar, Best Bartenders and Best Drinks in Capetown!
Then the people- we were 2 strangers but were quickly welcomed by a local group of friends.
Great mix of music with changing DJs who were open to input.
The entire time we felt as though we were in a friend's living room-a small 2 room space with comfy seating on couches and table lamp soft lighting.
I keep dreaming about that pomegranate cocktail and wish I could click my heels together and be there.

2  Thank travelwithrelish