“Great service, great food”

Arnold's Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 1,163 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: African, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open from 06:45 till late Mon to Fri and 08:00 till late Sat & Sun, open every day.
George, South Africa
“Great service, great food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Between us we had the crocodile, springbok, ostrich, warthog, chicken and sirloin, and all if it was very tasty, beautifully prepared and presented with tasty side dishes. By accident we were there during happy hour, 16:30 - 18-30, where some drinks and starters are cheaper. Waiter informed us 5 minutes prior to the end of happy hour that it was ending, but we still have some time to order at happy hour prices. You don't see that very often. Excellent service. This was my 5th visit to Arnold's, and by no means my last!

1 Thank Renier P
Arnoldsonkloof, Owner at Arnold's Restaurant, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi Gregor,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your review.
We really appreciate it when our customers are enjoying our restaurant.
it makes all the effort put in worthwhile.
We hope to see you many more times in the future.

• Turkish first
Cape Town
“Brilliant service and food!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

There a few places in Cape Town that can match the service, friendliness, and consistency in food quality that Anrolds has to offer!

Make sure to try their meat dishes, breakfast, or the super salads, and take notice of the wonderful and friendly attentiveness by the managers and waiters!

This is the one restaurant I have on the top of my recommendation list.

1 Thank Gregor R
Arnoldsonkloof, Owner at Arnold's Restaurant, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Gregor
Thank you for taking the time to write about Arnolds.
It is a real pleasure for to read that we are doing things right.
This makes our job easy.
Lincoln
“Good value for money but could be better”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had the African BBQ special and Calamari Steak/Fish of the day combo.
Free wine with voucher made this a very attractive meal choice, food was great, service brilliant, just felt the restaurant was a little shabby around the edges, especially the bathroom.
Mains cost 178 & 135 rand respectfully (aprox £15 & £12) which was good value, nice atmosphere and people great.
Worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013
Dear Rennie-Brewers
Thank you for visiting arnolds last week.
we appreciate your feedback and will be putting your comments to good use.
Hopefully you are having a safe trip around our country.
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Your chance to try exotic bbq'd animals! Must visit!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were told by friends who go to Cape Town regularly, that we must come to Arnold's for our dinner.

We'd already read the many good reviews on Trip Advisor and were always going to try it out. We are SO glad we did.

We booked in advance to make sure we got a table and we were allocated a table outside which we preferred.

The food was absolutely amazing. I had the deep fried camembert to start and for our mains I had the warthog ribs which were huge and very tasty. My husband had the mixed platter of onyx, crocodile, ostrich and springbok which he said was fantastic and would recommend this to folk who want to try a bit of everything.

I had the creme brulee for dessert which was heated up at the table and my husband had a really lovely irish coffee.

All in all, great service, reasonably priced and with a good vibrant atmosphere.

Highly recommend you go!! You won't be disappointed.

Dear Vazbo
Thank you for visiting Arnolds in Cape Town.
Your positive write-up makes all the efforts our staff puts in worthwhile and a pleasure.
We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great Springbok”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our second time at Arnold's and it did not disappoint. I loved the way they prepared their Springbok in a rich tomato sauce. The portion was substantial, just the way I like it. I like to feel like I am full when I leave a restaurant. The service is excellent, better than in many more chi chi establishments in Cape Town. We were served by a waiter and waitress, both attentive and exceptionally friendly. The atmosphere is fine, nothing fancy, just comfortable. I loved that cool, kitchy foto / painting of Cape Town looking from Signal Hill. Hope they don't sell it!

• Visited February 2013
Arn07, Manager at Arnold's Restaurant, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear KincsZoltan
We at Arnolds are glad that you had a good time here and really enjoyed our food and service.
The photo on the wall, well we hope that the artist Rob Miller is able to sell it and make a living.
Just kidding.
We hope that you will have the opportunity to come and visit us many more times in the not too distant future.