“Homely and comfortable ”
Review of Miller's Thumb

Miller's Thumb
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

This is definitely not a swanky restaurant just very cosy and easygoing. Great atmosphere, great food , unpretentious menu yet an interesting one . Very good for seafood
Good idea to book
Reasonable prices and pleasant staff

1  Thank JANDDBritinParis
Write a ReviewReviews (1,959)

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Very nice waiters and waitresses. Very good service. The tomato soup is realy the best in town. The fish was very tasteful incl. the fresh vegitables and mushed potato. The wine was also good and well priced.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

Nice warm homely restaurant offering large variety of seafood dishes. My plain grilled kingklip fillet was delicious but I was disappointed in my tomato based fish soup which was bland and did not have the depth of flavour of its French counterparts. Very popular so booking advisable

6  Thank BurySt_EdmundsTrevor
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

We spent our last night in Cape Town at Miller's Thumb. The place is lovely, the staff is very friendly and very well qualified. The food was absolutely perfect, we had the baby calamari and the wasabi kingklip, they were both amazingly delicious.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

I simply cannot understand the small minority of people who have given this restaurant a poor rating. I travel the country and the world and eat out often. I had one of my best meals ever at Miller's Thumb. The chef really knows what he is doing - the softest calamari we have ever had and the fish (I think it was bluenose) with Wasabi sauce was quite incredible. I am generally not even a fish fan, but Miller's Thumb now rates as one of my favourite restaurants. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank joniwalker