“Locally recommended”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was I town with work and this spot was recommended by a co worker that is South African and lives in beijing. Nice family run business. Fish was well seasoned and fresh. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Would recommend to anyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were staying in the Gardens district in Cape Townfor 5 days and went to this place on a recommendation and it was wonderful. Husband and wife team run it and it is clearly very popular with lots of neighborhood regulars for a good reason. Food was really good with lots of options for meat/fish or vegetarians. May be a neighborhood place but worth a trip!

1  Thank boopenny
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Go here for excellent fresh fish/seafood and cozy, family atmosphere - I had terrific fresh fish with Moroccan seasoning, with an excellent wine to boot, and delicious meal all around. I didn't see this one listed in any of the guidebooks that I had, but it came highly recommended by the nearby B&B at which I was staying. Don't miss it, especially if you're in central Cape Town / City Bowl / Tamboerskloof.

1  Thank ElizabethG73
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We are astonished by the good rating. The decor/atmosphere is luke-warm and the menu and food unmemorable and bland. What we do remember is a great fat cockroach traveling down the wall next to our table. It eventually dropped to the floor, at which stage we lifted our feet and looked forward to home.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Millers Thumb has always been one of my go to restaurants when I want a quality meal at a good price. The restaurant is a family affair with the from of house and chief being a husband and wife team. The dishes on offer are explained with such passion which leaves you mouth watering. Service is great, atmosphere to match. well worth a visit.