“Great Indian Food”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wonderful traditional Indian cuisine. If you love curry, it doesn't get any better than this. Service was a bit slow.

Haiku_Management, Owner at Bukhara Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Thank you for these kind words and review. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to continue to improve our service. Come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Butter chicken and biryani best in all menu but all are dishes are good but little expensive . The restaurant was near to my hotel so I tried two time

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Every time I am in Cape Town, I do my utmost to go to Bukhara and have their tandoori food. This upmarket Indian food restaurant is conveniently situated in the Church street in downtown Cape Town. Because of their great food my only concern when I'm there is that I will eat too much.
Today I had tandoori prawns as always and my wife had a fish tikka - both were great. We also had some stunning bread: pudina parantha and a chilli parantha. Wew shared the paneer tikka starter and had a stunning dark chocolate mousse at the end. Worth every penny! If you are visiting in the evening and especially over the weekend, make sure you make a reservation in advance.

Stellar review and rating! Thank you for your kind words, come back to visit again so we may once more amaze you!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

A recommendation im glad i didnt say no to. Fabulous combination of aromas and flavours. I fell in love with the decor and the atmosphere. Freddie was our waiter and he is quite entertaining. Great variety to choose from and the food looks better than the pictures. You will defiantely see me again.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have visited Bukhara several times on several trips to Cape Town. It has a great atmosphere and decor. There is the option to sit outside. We consistently have great service. Freddie was especially charming on our last visit. I love the food. We always try a whole bunch of veg dishes (which are abundant on their menu), and they are always great. One thing that is a little disappointing is that they used to have a really extensive menu including a lot of international wines that pair well with Indian food. Their wine menu is mostly South African wines now, but we made do.