All reviews loyalty program strand street well located hotel higher floor table mountain rental car rooms are clean business trip ihg lounge cpt uber nightlife conference cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2019

Having been stranded after a flight was cancelled we ended at the 4 star holiday Inn in strand Street cape Town. 4 stars???????? If this hotel is worth 2 stars it, s a lot.. 4 stars? then our south African star rating is a farce.. The room is spartan and furnishing has been slapped together without any taste.. One office chair and a funny grubby table stands lonely in the open area.. No chairs or couch. The bathrooms are bland and old. The electrical connections for charging equipment is dangerously in need of repairs. This hotel is marketed as a 4 star and that is the gripe.. The manager was approached but just half heartedly tried to explain that millions will be paid to upgrade the rooms... That will be wonderful but right now it's 2 star and being marketed as 4 star... COME ON HOLIDAY INN THIS IS NOT ON AND SURELY YOUR STANDARDS HAVE NOT DROPPED TO THIS ABBYSS? and surely your management should be better trained and offer an acceptable solution? For tourist and cape Town visitors there are a plethora of good hotels to choose from that are also 4 star grading... No need to go to this worst holiday Inn I have visited..

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ulrich s
Reviewed May 17, 2019

This hotel is definitely NOT a four star hotel! It is old and feels dirty. The room is very noisy and smelly. The only redeeming feature is friendly staff. An awful experience! I sit here writing this review in the hotel room sitting on old, out-dated furniture being bombarded by loud music and smelling something musty and terrible in the room :(

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Asyia6of12
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2019

Asyia6of12,

While I'm happy of your nice words on our staff, I'm disappointed that you found our rooms and furniture to be dated. This is definitely not part of our goal of making every guest smile during their visit. To properly attend to this matter, I deemed it necessary to inform the hotel of your experience. I trust their capacity of taking proper steps to improve the quality of their accommodations.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope our paths cross again so we can provide you with a much better experience.

All the best,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

I had to make another trip to CapeTown. These people ( management and Staff) do their best to Make ME feel at home, from the management Judy , and check in counter Joselyn and even from the kitchen staff who works there they all go out of their way to greet me like a member of the family. They offer a great breakfast far superior to the normal HIE breakfast. The kitchen staff are always cleaning the tables of soiled dishes to maintain a clean image. They have a system of rotating the menu daily to avoid the Samo -Samo and keeps the excitement of a new menu. The rooms are modest but comfortable. Refrigerators , and sofa are available for your comfort. WiFi for convenience. Coffee maker in Room. They have a balcony overlooking the street below. observing the variety of people. They have arrangement with several restaurants, across the street that you can eat and drink and charge your meal to the room. There is a genuine warmth that I enjoy when I am there. And it’s priced right

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Hi

I start with a compliment:
Ms Simone Klaasen gave SUPERB, friendly and enthusiastic service in the executive lounge and I’m grateful!

As for the rest of the hotel, our stay was GREAT!!!
- nice location
- excellent access
- comfy beds and rooms
- wonderful service!

Well done and thanks!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Kenya Airways Cancelled our flight to Nairobi at the Last moment. We were booked in Business Class. After 4 hours of nightmare arguing with KQ they provide us with accommodation at Holiday Inn Capetown. This Hotel is totally run down.
My wife was on a Wheelchair which we had to squeeze in through the door. Was told could order food from room service, only choice Chicken Mayo Sandwich. No kettle
To make coffee or Tea,had to ask for one.
Took 10 minutes to boil. Tables broken.
Would rate as 1 Star. Staff very polite, felt sorry for them as most passengers had issue with the rooms.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Hello 669shirazn,

We truly appreciate the feedback of our visitors, because these make us aware of our areas of opportunity. Thank you for sharing some of your time to let us know about your thoughts.

Among our aims is to give our guests experience that would make them come back to us, and I'm afraid that yours made you feel differently towards us. I'm sorry that the upkeep of our hotel and room service didn't entice you. Guests expect well-cleaned and maintained accommodations, and I'm worried that you have a different impression of our rooms. Please trust that I'll be imparting your straightforward remarks to our upper management, including your comments about the kettle and food choices. Our hotel is nearly 2 years old, and we're continuously looking for ways to make our services and amenities much better. Also, I reached out to you privately, and hope that you'll have the time to respond to it.

I'm happy to know that you found our staff members very polite. Hopefully, you'll reconsider us again should your plans bring you back to Capetown

All the best,