“Meat lovers paradise”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I'm a veggie but I thought my husband would love to have a meal here. He absolutely loved it. He describes it as a meat lovers paradise all topped off with an exquisite win list and excellent enthusiastic staff. As the veggie I was amazed that they actually had some veggie options which were great. If you're going make sure to book ahead as you mightn't get a table.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had an enjoyable evening at Carne during visit to Cape Town. Lively fun vibe at the restaurant with really good service - friendly and helpful. The hanger steak was particularly amazing but all the dishes we had were delicious. Good selection of wines as well. Great evening - worth a visit.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This Place, has got to be up there with the best steakhouses in the world. They are Superb. Everything about it was amazing and If lived in Cape Town I would go once a week. The selection of the different cuts is great and they are all aged to perfection. The staff were quick and knowledgeable and made the evening so pleasant. Next time in CT it will be the first stop on my Holiday And Probably the Last. Absolutely fantastic.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have always had tasty steak here, succulent and correctly prepared. The decor is good, a mixture of cellar and loft, if that makes sense. The upstairs bar is pleasant for a pre dinner drink.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We booked on after seeing reviews on TA & getting a recommendation from our hotel - we were not disappointed. The service was excellent - very helpful & friendly. The waitress was always there when required but not 'in your face'. The steaks were all cooked to perfection and tasted perfect.the side dishes were good & my only reason for giving a 4 not a 5 was because a side dish that was standard with my fillet did not arrive until I asked for it. We did not experience the promoting of over priced wines - we just had a good tasting cab sav. Otherwise great food, great service & excellent value for money

1  Thank David F