“A Brilliant day with Rob on the beautiful Cape Peninsula”
Review of Cape Convoy

Cape Convoy
More attraction details
Owner description: Join the world famous Cape Convoy full day Cape Peninsula Tour FREE of charge if you book your Safari through the Convoy Travel Agency or your Garden Route Tour with Cape Convoy. No-one else can make you smile like Cape Convoy.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We weren't especially lucky with the weather that day, but Rob's local knowledge and flexibility meant we got to see all the highlights at the best moments. He's a great character with lots of stories and jokes which kept us all entertained, as well as a wealth of information about the history and geography he shares with everyone. The area is beautiful and is worth seeing with or without a guide, but if you want fun and light-hearted way to see the Cape with some local knowledge thrown in too, we can't recommend Cape Convoy highly enough.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"tour buses"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I'm so glad we got rob instead of any other tour! His tour was personal and much more fun! He tried to avoid the crowds also! You must book him if you're going to do a cape point tour! Worth it!!!! Such a great guy too

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Rob took my friends and I - a group of 8 girls - on a tour of the Cape Peninsula on a perfect day in Cape Town. I don't think we stopped laughing and learning the entire tour! Rob is incredibly energetic, knowledgeable, and funny - a super tour guide! He always told us the route of our tour and stopped along the way when he saw a great photo opportunity. He definitely knows the in's and out's of touring the peninsula and made sure we were most efficient with our tour route.

We asked in advance if we could visit the seal island in Hout Bay and he was kind enough to arrange our tour itinerary to squeeze in our request. Also, on the morning of our tour, we mentioned to Rob that we hadn't been able to visit Table Mountain yet due to the fog and the next day we were leaving to go to Stellenbosch. Rob told us we most definitely couldn't leave Cape Town without going to Table Mountain. Since we had such a beautiful day, after we finished our awesome tour with Rob (including seal island, Boulders Beach, Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope), he drove us back to Table Mountain in time for us to take in the evening views. The traffic was really terrible leaving the mountain but he insisted on driving us all the way to the top to drop us off at the entrance. It was incredibly nice of him.

We squeezed in a lot in one day but Rob never made us feel rushed. We all really loved our day with him and think I can say for all of us, his tour was the highlight of our visit to Cape Town!

2  Thank megs07305
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The last full day my friend and I were in Cape Town we went on the Cape Convoy tour. I am more than grateful for being able to see all of the area including Cape Point in the best way possible! Rob is the most enthusiastic tour guide I have ever had and I would recommend him to everyone! He kept everyone entertained while also finding the best spots for the most amazing pictures I have from the trip. He made you feel like you have known him for years and was so full of information that there was never a dull moment on the trip. This tour is a must do for everyone visiting the area! It was definitely my favorite day on my trip!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Rob is not only a great guy, he will take you to the best spots along the way and do everything possible to make it an unforgettable experience. And it is. On our way to the Cape we saw whales and penguins and baboons, and he took the time so we all could get our shots. And on the very tip of Africa he took care of both those who wanted to enjoy the view from a comfortable spot as well as he made time for those who wanted to do a little hike. I'm sure everyone had a great time. And who can forget the fisk & chips in Simons Town and the beautiful scenic route along Chapmans Peak on our way back. Thanks Rob, I really had a fantastic day!

2  Thank inuit66