One&Only Cape Town
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Mountain Marina(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Sugar Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
Great 4.5/5
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
Very Good 4/5
Protea Hotel Cape Town Cape Castle(Cape Town Central)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Villa Zest Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Excellent 5/5
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
Excellent 5/5
The PortsWood(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
1,798 results
All reviewskids clubisland suitenobu restaurantreubentable mountainthe main hotelhigh teafour seasonsbeautiful hoteloystersnespresso machinebreakfast buffetsouth africaluxury hotelturn down servicemountain viewwaterfront area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We decided to celebrate an anniversary at the One and Only hotel Cape Town. The reception upon arrival was efficient, unobtrusive and extremely professional. The Island room we stayed in comes highly recommended- the 75 sq metre room is idyllic with a little patio overlooking the waterway. the manager had arranged a tray of treat to welcome us and celebrate our special occasion. the iced beverage was non alcoholic- truly impressive as we don't drink alcohol but did not disclose this and are often presented with sparkling wine/champagne. the butler service and turndown amenities were brilliant. we had the pleasure of booking a spa treatment the next day. the service from marlise was amazing and the couple treatment room a must do.

unfortunately, for breakfast, we had an awful experience which left me with little appetite and tainted what was a perfect weekend. we requested a table on the veranda. the hostess assured us this could be arranged and advised us to select some items from the buffet area while they set the table. about 10 min later we made our way outside only to be told very curtly " you took too long. we gave the table to somebody else." no apology and no alternative was offered. instead we were seated at an unset table and then moved once i complained. the newly 'set' table was also devoid of key items of cutlery and waitrons were virtually non existent.

having stayed at several hotels worldwide and being on the receiving end of sometimes average service- this was appalling for a hotel which claims to have "6 star" calibre. the rooms and the rest of the hotel's service definitely lived up and exceeded expectations. however, the trick lies in a comprehensively superior experience. one which the one and only failed to deliver.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
GErasmus, Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2011

We would like to extend our sincerest thanks for your recent stay and sharing your anniversary with us.

Thank you for your kind words regarding to our appointment of our rooms and am delighted that we were able to exceed your expectation in the welcoming received. I will share your positive feedback with the team, especially Marilise who you have spoken so highly of.

With regards to your comments about the poor service you received at breakfast, I assure you that your comments have been taken in the most serious light. Having reviewed your comments in detail, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the service shortfall that you experienced, as it is most definitely not the standard of service we strive to achieve. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as it is through such feedback that we are able to rectify and improve our standards of service. I have also passed on your feedback to relevant Head of department in order for us to prevent a similar incident from occurring in future.

I sincere hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 18, 2011

I stayed at the this hotel in October and I can Honnestly say this hotel is the best hotel I have ever stayed in! The rooms were huge and the View of table moutain was excellent. The staff were very poliite more than happy to help and the business facilites were excellent also.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
GErasmus, Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at The One&Only Cape Town and for the incredibly kind words with regards to our service and appointment of our rooms. On behalf of the team, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your positive feedback with the team.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards, Gerhard

Reviewed February 10, 2011

We started our South Africa trip in Cape Town and spent the first three nights at the One&Only. Overall, I absolutely loved this hotel and easily ranks as one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. When we arrived, our reservation was not correct (they had us arriving the next day), but the hostess made several calls and within 15 minutes had our room set up and ready. After a long journey, this attention to service was much appreciated.

The rooms are large, well designed and modern. I had no trouble sleeping in the extremely comfortable bed and appreciated the large amount of drawer space. The bathroom was also amazing and had an incredible rain shower.

The location was right on the V&A waterfront which made it easy to walk to many restaurants and the Robben Island ferry.

I was fortunate enough to have a few hours for a massage one day and the spa was quite amazing. The therapist sat with me ahead of time to understand what I was looking for and the massage was wonderful.

Breakfast was included and there was quite a bit to choose from. Our server, Jeffert, did a nice job each morning. We did not eat dinner at the hotel. The only issue we had was lunch on the day of our check out. The service at Reuben's was extremely slow and the food was just ok.

I hope to be back to Cape Town some day and would certainly stay at the One&Only again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

We would like to extend our sincerest thanks for your recent stay and sharing your experiences with us. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience upon check-in but am delighted to hear that it was resolved in no time and that you indeed had a lovely stay with us.
Thank you for your kind words regarding to our appointment of our rooms and the amazing spa service received. I am thrilled that you had fantastic breakfast experience at the Reuben’s Restaurant and will forward your compliments to the team members. It is a pity that you were disappointed with your lunch at Reuben’s but hope that we will be able to redeem ourselves during your next visit.
I will share your positive feedback with the team, especially Jeffert who you have spoken so highly of, and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 4, 2011

A luxurious, but down to earth and friendly hotel. It could not be in a better location, next to the V&A Waterfront. The rooms are luxurious, the pool area is fantastic and the staff are all so professional and friendly. If you want a luxurious, welcoming, friendly, well located stay in Cape Town then look no further. This is my 7th stay in Cape Town, all in different hotels and this is the one from now! Just brilliant!!

• Stayed: February 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at The One&Only Cape Town. On behalf of the team, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and equally as thrilled you have enjoyed our genuine passion for service. I will share your positive feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Gerhard

Reviewed January 25, 2011

One & Only Cape Town certainly lives up to its name. We were there for one week, which included a function at the hotel and some entertaining and it did not fail to impress at any time. The hotel is just sumptious and beautiful, as are the rooms, but what I remember most is the service. Whether it was the people in F&B who were just SO helpful, or at Reception, or on the door, or in the restaurants, it was just impeccable. Attentive but understated. I must also make mention of the Charlotte Rhys amenities in the bathroom - I admit I took as many things with me as I could as they smell just beautiful! (I have tried to buy them online since but have had no luck). I intend returning to Cape Town some day with my husband and we will stay here ... once we save for it!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
GErasmus, Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at The One&Only Cape Town and for the incredibly kind words with specific reference to our service, appointment of our rooms and the Charlotte Rhys bathroom amenities. On behalf of the team, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your positive feedback with the team.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the not too distant future.