We stayed here with our two kids 5 and 7. A fantastic check in, kids are whisked away by kids club staff and parents could get on with details in peace.
We booked a room with twin beds as we were only staying 3 nights. The room was big enough and very comfortable and had all the amenties you'd expect from a 5 star hotel. Everything looked new (only been open a year or so). We had a superb view of Table Mountain. The spa was adequate, nothing special and typical high rates.
The kids club was so well kitted out that we as parents were jealous! The boys were well looked after. There are only 2 restaurants, Nobu and Maze (Gordon Ramsey). We only dined at Maze, food was nice, but not to our taste.
Staff were well dressed and attentive. Only issue we had was with afternoon tea where staff seemed hapless and confused. We'd get tea but no cutlery or something similar. A little odd really, guess it was Easter weekend and the hotel was quite full but still!
The hotel is right next door to the Aquarium, a must see for kids. There are many restaurants nearby, short 10 minute taxi from the hotel so enjoy! Table Mountain is also around 15-20 minutes away, brilliant day out too.
The famous V&A Waterfront is minutes away, shops, restaurants and the port itself. Love;y but very pricey!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa