I am very spoiled and take a lot of time researching my holidays. Last time we stayed in Cape Town we stayed at the Table Bay hotel because we had young kids and wanted to be near the water front. I saw the hole in the ground that was going to be the One and Only and told my husband that when we came back we would stay there as it was also very well located.
I was actually very pleasantly surprised by our interconnecting rooms which were on the Island - unfortunately we had to forego the views of table mountain but as it was cloudy we couldn't see it anyway.
Unlike the last reviewer we found the staff to be very attentive without being over the top. Chris the concierge - who we last saw when he worked at the Table Bay was very professional and courtious and helped us organise our days out. The kids loved the kids club and enjoyed their time at the hotel - unfortunately it wasn't warm enough to use the pool - we'll have to wait until next time. Nobu was a lovely and having breakfast at Maze in the mornings was a joy. The food was displayed beautifully and I ate far too much every day. The only problem we encountered was a leak from the room above straight into our bathroom. It took a while to sort out but when we paid our final bill they offered us a reasonable sum off for our discomfort - that is how it should be done!
Finally, I had a great massage and I used the hairdresser there too - both were great.
I rarely go back to anywhere - I liked Cape Town so much that I went back, and I am surprised to say that I will go there again one day and if I can I will stay at the One and Only...maybe even for the world cup!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa