The One and Only web site doesn't do the splendor and comfort of this outstanding hotel justice. We stayed at the One and Only for two nights as part of a Smithsonian Journeys tour, and we were just expecting a 'nice' hotel that would be fitting for a group tour. We were incredibly and pleasantly surprised when we walked into our room and found not only a spacious and beautifully appointed room with a commanding view of Table Mountain and Signal Hill, but a room were every amenity has been thoughtfully designed into the room for a truly perfect stay. We enjoyed our room (and Cape Town) so much that we extended our stay another three days. From the warm reception we received from Alex when we checked-in, to the morning greetings we received from Aubrey when we enjoyed our sumptuous morning breakfast buffet at Reuben's Restaurant (included with your stay) and the cheerful welcome we received from Enoch, the doorman, when we returned to the hotel each day after our sight-seeing, everyone on staff is incredibly friendly, professional and helpful. The exercise center is the very best equipped and staffed hotel gym I have ever experienced. Grant and other trainers are available, if needed, to provide special workouts and yoga sessions. The Spa is not to be missed. Located on an island in the lagoon behind the hotel, the Spa includes complementary sauna and steam room facilities for hotel guests, a hydro pool (separate facilities for men and women) and a well-appointed locker room and private showers. We opted for 50-minute relaxation massages with Jason and were very satisfied with the whole spa experience. Even if you just stay at the One and Only for a great location at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, please don't miss out on the amazing host of options available at the Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa