On arrival we were glad we hadn't paid the extra for the units oion the island - it is cold in Capetown so walking to the main building would have been no fun. Over the weekend the Isola resturant had weddings going on so it looked fairly busy.
We chose hotel transport to/ from airport - brilliant service. Location is great with gr8 views of Table Mountain and a short walk to V&A.
The standard room is huge and easily fitted us with two children under 12.
Breakfast at Reubens is great, excellent service, wonderful Eggs Benedict. Had dinner at Reubens one night. Mussels are best I have had in many years. My Hake Tempura not quite so good due to the overly acidic sauce but manager immediately removed from bill without a quibble. Great wine list.
Spent a few hours in business centre. Again, a great view of Table Mountain and really helpful staff who quickly did some faxing and scanning for me.
The main problem is that after staying at a One and Only, the main 5 Star Chains look a bit crap. Dreading the Marriott in Paris in two weeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa