We stayed at the One & Only for four nights in September 2012 to kick off a two week holiday in South Africa. This is a modern, full service hotel in a great location within walking distance of the waterfront, restaurants and shopping. The lobby is gorgeous and the rooms are contemporary, oversized and decorated beautifully. We were offered an upgrade on arrival and opted to stay in one of the multi room units on the island. It featured a huge bedroom and en suite, living room with fire place, dining area, full kitchen and a beautiful outdoor deck. It was more as though we had moved into a house than a hotel room. The service was outstanding, delivered with genuine warmth. The food from room service was fantastic and delivered very timely even though the island rooms are quiet a distance from the kitchen. There is a Nobu at this property and the food and service was very, very good. We enjoyed drinks in the lounge -- again fantastic service - when we wanted a special bottle of wine that appeared only on the restaurant menu, the staff was happy to oblige. The concierge service at this property was also top notch, friendly and efficient. I would return to this property when in Cape Town. It has a wonderful balance of care, comfort and beauty topped only by its incredible staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa