One&Only Cape Town
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
$193
$144
Agoda.com
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$150
$130
Hotels.com
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$137
$125
  • Pool
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$330
$308
Agoda.com
The PortsWood(Cape Town Central)
$204
$150
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$76
$68
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$242
$208
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$211
$198
Travelocity
$152
$119
$237
$227
1,799 results
All reviewskids clubisland suitenobu restaurantreubentable mountainthe main hotelhigh teafour seasonsbeautiful hoteloystersnespresso machinebreakfast buffetsouth africaluxury hotelturn down servicemountain viewwaterfront area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

A memorable 5 days here for all the right reasons. We were expecting high standards and they delivered. Arriving at 9am on the Monday morning we were given a drink and complimentary breakfast while our Island Suite was prepared. After breakfast it was ready and we were shown to it. Beautiful suite, lots of space, huge comfortable bed and Esperanto seating area. Nicely positioned balcony. All the island suites are well positioned for the pool and spa. The location towards the back of the V& A was perfect for us. Nice and quiet, safe but a 5 minute walk and all the bars, shops were right on our doorstep. The service was excellent, housekeeping, room service, pool service and restaurants. We were looked after superbly. We would love to return.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank tedsmammy
Florentina P, Training and Quality Assurance Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, it is so fantastic to see the great feedback on your recent stay at One&Only Cape Town!

It is always such a pleasure to receive compliments on our team member’s delivery of service, as well as the great facilities of the resort!

We are delighted to know that you would like to return soon, we are looking forward to welcoming you back at your home away from home!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The One& Only hotel is simply THE best hotel in town, and beats its only direct competitor (the 12 Apostles hotel in Camps Bay) in almost every aspect, except location. Like some of you, I like it to plan my travels in depth, and as such, I always consult websites like Tripadvisor & Kiwicollection, as well as magazines like Conde Nast Traveler. To give you an idea, we have stayed in many high end resorts all over the world before, so we are used to luxurious holidays. On this occasion, I was travelling alone for business.

Just that you know, but I am a huge fan of Cape Town, its inhabitants and its stunning surroundings. There is no other city that is as equally beautiful and has the same vibe as Cape Town, although Vancouver comes closes. In that aspect, the One & Only hotel reminds me a lot of the Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver (and could maybe “copycat” some ideas of their Vancouver colleagues: see suggestions).

This is what I liked about the hotel :

- service : absolutely top notch ; the staff is amongst the friendliest I ever encountered in a luxury hotel, and they seemed to care genuinely about me. I was travelling alone, and I was taken care of very well. After 1 night, they even upgraded me to another room (because I preferred a King Sized bed). Kudos to the staff.

- rooms : this was the most splendid room of a city hotel I have ever staid in. It felt like being home away from home. The rooms are oversized, very nicely decorated and lightened. The beds are heavenly. I can recommend everybody to stay in a higher floor Marine room to enjoy the view of Table Mountain. While the view is spectacular, the balconies faces north and as such are in the shade almost all day (but frankly, why would you want to spend your time on the balcony in a city like Cape Town)

- Design/architecture : very impressive lobby and overall very nice and modern layout that definitely feels 6 star.
- The pool, on a private, man-made and lush island, is very large and appealing, but it was – in contrast to what they state on the website – not heated. It is only heated in summer months.

- Food : excellent, both room-service, Ruebens and Nobu, although I did not really like the architecture/atmosphere of both restaurants (far from an intimate dining experience). Breakfast was beyond words, with fresh juices and even oysters.

This is what I did not like so much about the hotel, and I take the opportunity to give some suggestions to the owners to probably make their hotel the best city hotel in the world.
- Location : while many will consider the Waterfront to be the best location in town, I do not share this opinion as the real beauty of Cape Town is found on its Atlantic shore with some of the most amazing beaches of the world. You cannot change the location of a hotel of course, but when I stayed at the 12 Apostles hotel, they offered a free shuttle every hour from 8 am to 9.30 pm from the hotel to Camps Bay and the Waterfront (which everybody seemed to enjoy and make use of). Now, this is what I missed at the One & Only : a complimentary shuttle to Camps Bay. I would have added so much to the experience, and the hotel should definitely be able to afford that. They could offer their guest with one simple shuttle the possibility to beachcomb and enjoy the best sunsets in the world, and bring the Atlantic Coast to the One & Only.
- I can understand that the pool is not heated in winter months (but they should mention that on their website). But they could learn something from the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver. The latter hotel has a very nice and large outside hottub as well as a fire pit. Now that would have been a nice experience for the high-end clientele at the One & Only in Cape Town as well, sitting in the outdoor hottub or coziness around the fire pit, on those chilly evening with a mighty sight on Table Mountain. Maybe an idea for the future ?
- The hotel must have an unbeaten view from its unused rooftop space. Why not introduce a little bit of New York and install a sunset rooftop bar, which would blow your clientele as well as Capetownians away. A premier for Cape Town.
- Security : I do not understand quite well why everybody can walk in from the street on to the island on the path surrounding the hotel. I would make a gate here, as otherwise, one day or the other you would attract (and make it very easy) for some people with not so nice intentions.

Room Tip: room at high floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LuxTravelExpert
Florentina P, Training and Quality Assurance Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

We highly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the One&Only Cape Town and would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the Trip Advisor visitors such a fantastic feedback on our resort ,as well as absolutely great ideas for improvement.
I will share your comments with our team, with particular reference to the friendliness of the staff and their genuine hospitality, the appointment of our rooms and the fantastic dining experience. I am certain the team will be encouraged by your remarks, as we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations and constantly improve our services.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. They have all been all shared with our Management Team, i.e. from the shuttle to Camps Bay, which we do offer in the busier season when guests are visiting the beautiful beaches more frequently, to the outside hot tub and fire pit, which is indeed such a fantastic idea. As far as the rooftop space which indeed would be ideal for an amazing rooftop bar, the resort has three outstanding private Penthouses on the 6th and 7th level.
Your feedback on the security concerns has been shared with both with our Security Manager and Executive Operations Manager, and I can assure you, they have already taken your feedback to heart with immeditatie actions, as our guests’ security is of paramount importance.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and your fantastic ideas for improvement, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had our wedding reception at the One&Only Hotel and we must admit that it was a fairy tale wedding.

We were treated like royality and this included our guests not just us as the bridal couple. The service was amazing, the food was divine and we could not ask for a more beautiful venue.

The wedding planner, Adele Bennet, was even more amazing, she took care of us from first the day we set foot in the hotel until our beautiful day came to an end.

We recommend the One&Only not only to people who spend the night but to couples who want the best wedding venue in Cape Town, you wont need extras for decor because the landscape is more than beautiful.

An unforgettable wedding day
Cherise and Stephen

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We were so excited to read your review, Adele and her team were absolutely ecstatic to learn that they delivered a “fairy tale wedding”, with unforgettable unique moments for both of you on this special day in your lives.

On behalf of the One&Only Team, I would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words, especially the great compliments on our team members’ service, as well as our fantastic resort, from the culinary experience to the beautiful landscape.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and for the time you took to write the review!

The entire team is wishing you the very best, and we trust we will see you again next year to celebrate your first Wedding Anniversary!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The One&Only Cape Town is absolutely fantastic. After a very long flight from the US, the comfortable luxury of the hotel was a welcome change! There is not ONE thing I would change about this hotel. We stayed for 5 nights, and I was reluctant to leave. The location is perfect on the V&A waterfront and the guestrooms are spacious and luxurious (I think it may have had the best hotel bathroom ever!) I would highly recommend a room on the 5th floor, as we had an amazing view of Table Mountain. The food is outstanding throughout the hotel; we took advantage of the included breakfast at Reuben's each day, and we ate dinner at the hotel twice - once at Nobu and once via room service. As for the facilities of the hotel, the spa is world-class. It is an "ESPA" spa, which is known for being very good - and very, very expensive. Not only was the treatment amazing, it was reasonably priced! For comparison, a massage at the ESPA spa at the Peninsula New York costs about double what I paid here. Overall A+ hotel - I hope to come back soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Florentina P, Training and Quality Assurance Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

It is a great pleasure to learn that you had such a fantastic stay at One&Only Cape Town, full of memorable experiences from the fantastic room view of the Table Mountain , to the wine and dining experience and of course the visit to the ESPA Spa !
Thank you so much for your feedback and for taking the time to write the review!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and offer you another memorable One&Only experience in the Mother City!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

An amazing hotel...we stayed here with our two children 8 and 9 yrs. We stayed in a standard room. It was huge...with two queen beds and an amazing view of the harbour and table mountain, complete with children's robes. The room was incredible but what really made this place amazing was the service. They made us feel so welcome with children which doesn't often happen with 5 star luxury hotels. Thank you to Diana and her team for such a fantastic stay!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are huge and fit a family of four easily. Ask for 5th floor for amazing views of Table Mountain.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Florentina P, Training and Quality Assurance Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us the feedback on your recent stay at One&Only Cape Town! We are so happy that you had a true One&Only experience and that the children also enjoyed their stay, our Kids Councilors love to spoil them in the Kids Club!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future and spoil you and the kids even more!