What a fantastic hotel, and as 5 star prices go, what excellent value for money.
It was our first trip to South Africa and we didn't really know what to expect. We'd chosen Cape Town as there was plenty to do and also because of it's relative safety. We'd been unsure which of a few hotels to pick but without doubt we made the right choice.
The hotel is at the V&A Waterfront and is a 5 minute walk from the restaurants and shops. It means a walk along the road that leads into the V&A but this is a very safe walk in what is a controlled area and it is as central as pretty much any hotel if you are going to be spending a bit of time at the waterfront.
The staff at the hotel were all excellent. Service around the pool could have been a bit better, but I think that is probably being overly picky.
We had a standard room but it was very large and the views over Table Mountain were simply stunning. These rooms are in the main building which is only a couple of minutes walk from the pool and spa.
Breakfast at Reubans was top notch and again, the service in there was everything you would want it to be. We also had a meal at Nobu one night. The food in there was also superb and although expensive by SA standards, it is probably the cheapest Nobu you could visit. I'd highly recommend it.
Getting around is easy enough either by taxi or using the open top bus which departs from right outside the hotel.
If you are going to Cape Town, either as a holiday or on business, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa