“Good for steak”
Review of City Grill

City Grill
Ranked #47 of 1,163 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, the City Grill is the oldest steakhouse in the V&A Waterfront. We invite you to discover a truly South African experience… so gather family and friends for a feast of flavour at the City Grill! A place where food has substance, big appetites are essential and South Africa is the flavour of the month, every month!
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Good for steak”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Situated just outside the shopping mall overlooking the sea with Table Mountain as a backdrop, this restaurant has a great location. The menu majors on steak and other exotic meats offered in S Africa, i.e.ostrich, antelope, etc. There is enough choice to suit most tastes.
Our steaks were tender and cooked as requested. Service is efficient, even when it is busy. Most of the seating is outside and although umbrellas, blankets, and heaters are provided it is best to go when the weather is set fair.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Surrey
“1st Class Restaurant”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Just returned from 4 nights in Cape Town, we were lucky enough to find this restaurant on the first night and ate there every night.

The Menu is varied with some traditional African dishes as well as the most succulent fillet steak we have ever eaten.

the staff are friendly, efficient and very helpful even providing blankets if sitting outside when it get chilly in the evenings.

This excellent restaurant is a must if you enjoy your food as you won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Grill Review”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am very impressed by the prices in Cape Town. Drinks and food are ver reasonable and City Grill was no exception. Service was alright. Food and drink prices were great. I share a fettuccine. Dish with my table mate and had a small salad. The salad was enough for a meal. The fettuccine was very good. Drink prices were reasonable. I would dine here again and try some of the South African specialities.

• Visited January 2014
barrynieuwoudtcg, General Manager at City Grill, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review at City Grill Steakhouse. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience at our restaurant. Hope to see you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It was the first time for me and my mates to travel to Africa. After an educational and emotional trip to Robin Island we settled on City Grill for dinner, i must admit i was thoroughly surprised with the quality of the food and the rich taste of my steak. I normally don't go for what waiters suggest I order because i know its an up-sale technique, something I learnt from my college days. Against my better judgement i went for the rib-eye that the waiter Lance suggested, I was pleasantly surprised. Not wanting to sound dramatic but it was totally to die for. My mates also enjoyed their food, and the wine was exquisite. The place was a bit pricey but all things considered it was worth it. The service from Lance was great on point. He took his time to make sure we were all attended to and i know my friends are not the easiest to deal with. Overall great experience will definitely visit again.

Hi

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that Lance looked after you on the night and that you had a great experience at City Grill Steakhouse. See you again soon.

Sandton, South Africa
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

In the last year alone we have had more than 30 groups ( ie. More than 600 guests ) at City Grill on the set menu.
The food and service are of a very high standard. There have been no complaints, just satisfied clients.
We`d like to extend our thanks to Barry and the staff at City Grill for the wonderful service and attention our clients receive.

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We appreciate the outstanding support you have given to us and we look forward to a continued fantastic working relationship with your company.