Rouge on Rose
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$168
$146
Hotels.com
$115
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$118
$110
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$125
$114
Hilton
  • Pool
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$738
$418
$182
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$240
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$653
  • Breakfast included
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
$190
$150
Agoda.com
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$538
$427
Agoda.com
1,018 results
All reviewsbo kaapboutique hotelopen showercolorful housescall to prayerno elevatorlong streetsavoy cabbagestay in cape townamazing hostsself cateringlovely boutiquespacious roomwithin walking distancelion's headsignal hillsouth africa
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed for three nights at the Rouge on Rose and I absolutely can not find any fault with this gem of a boutique hotel. The rooms are so luxurious that it almost takes away the temptations of busy Cape Town - I found myself rushing through dinners just so I could get back and sink into the effortlessly cool and collected surroundings. The Bo Kaap is a quiet alternative to downtown (but still only a 3 - 5 minute walk away), and the colored buildings of the neighborhood serve as a wonderful backdrop for the hotel. Michel and Ursula who run the place made me feel warm and welcomed and I didn't hesitate to go to them with questions about town and where to go and what to do. Part of the charm of the Rouge on Rose is that it is small and family run, which ensures quality service and a home base that I just kept wanting to come on back to. The warmth of my hosts were the icing on the cake! That coupled with the best bed I have slept in in years made for a wonderful stay - I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who values the luxuries of a home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I was looking for somewhere to stay in Cape Town in early December and came upon Rouge on Rose by chance. I'm so pleased that I did because I found a wonderful place where I spent two extremely relaxing and happy weeks.

It's a cross between a boutique hotel and self catering apartments, which basically means that you get warmth, charm and atmosphere and at the same time are able to feel completely in your own space as if it's your own place.

The rooms are tasteful, spacious, well appointed and immaculately kept, always lovely to come back to at the end of the day.

Taking aside all of the above though, the true charm of the place is the people who run it. Ursula and Michel (and their staff) are just lovely to be around and always make plenty of time to help with anything you might need. Tips for eating, drinking, places to visit, whatever you're looking for, they'll know.

So that about sums it up for me. And if in any way these comments sound like those of a friend then I'm pleased, because having spent 17 days at a place which could almost be home, and in absolutely delightful company, that's exactly what I consider myself to be.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed January 1, 2011

we have stayed at the lovely b&b for the second time (2009 and 2010). and it was as good as we remembered.
as you can read attripadvisor the owners ARE helpful and charming, the house IS beautiful, the romms ARE great.
what makes the place special to us:
- Rouge On Rose is situated in the Bokap, the malay quarter of the city bowl. the houses in the neighbourhood are small, have a special architecture and are all apinted in bright colours. a very special atmosphere.
at times you can hear the muezzin chant at the nearby mosque.
- still you are very close to all the tourist-sites of cape town.
- the staff is friendly and helpful ( one our first stay we had missed a plane, arrived VERY late. that was no problem at all - they arranged everything for us)
on our second stay we arrived by car and the staff made sure, parking was safe.
- they even walked us back to the b&b one night from a nearby restaurant when no taxi would take us the short distance.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We enjoyed every aspect of this hotel (location, price, value for the money, cleanliness, service, etc.), especially the owners who were very helpful with everything we needed. We felt that the owners treated us more like family members than guests and that made our stay in Cape Town and this hotel very memorable. Would definitely recommend without reservations and would stay here again any time!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Rouge on Rose was a great find!
The rooms are lovely and very comfortable (great bed), and the hosts made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. We travelled with our baby girl, and they ensured we had all we needed to make our stay pleasant and memorable.
I would recommend Rouge on Rose any day.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family