1,035 results
All reviewsbo kaapboutique hotelopen showercolorful housescall to prayerno elevatorlong streetsavoy cabbagestay in cape townlovely boutiquegreat hostsour room was spaciousbreakfast was delicioussignal hillwalking distancesouth africafantastic stay
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights and the place is a great value. My room was huge with both a free standing tub and open shower. I loved my room, the hotel itself is very charming with lots of artistic touches. The breakfasts are the nicest I've ever had in a B&B/boutique hotel. My omelet was actually a mini-soufflé with caramelized onions and bacon on top. The lady who owns and runs the place introduced herself to me at breakfast and was very, very welcoming and friendly. She helped me plan my time in Cape Town and gave me lots of tips for traveling around the Western Cape. I loved my time there. It is very centrally located so I would recommend ear plugs. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We spent 5 days here at the beginning of our South African holiday. We were impressed as soon as we booked We received a welcoming e mail including details of how we could arrange a transfer from the airport. A very professional service for which we were grateful after a long flight.
Suggestions for restaurants were also made and these were all superb.
We loved the decor and our room was great and noise was not a problem for us as others have suggested. Breakfasts were excellent. We also liked the area finding everything within walking distance or a cab ride way.
So much nicer than the chain hotels where you really could be any where in the world. We would love to return to Cape Town and would definitely wish to return here

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Well equipped, large room. Very helpful proprietor, with lots of helpful advice and an excellent focus on security. Parking on street right outside hotel. Catch a taxi to the Waterfront. That is attractive, but I would not stay there, too many people. Explore the rest of the city on foot, starting right from the Rouge on Rose.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I normally don't write reviews - in fact this is only the second time I am writing one. But I was so impressed by the Rouge on Rose that I just have to. Wonderful room, great location and the best service I have experienced in South Africa so far. Love the ambition to get even better on sustainability and hope that more people appreciate the extra effort the team is taking to lead by example. I'll be back in not far future and I know the Misses will be as impressed :-) Keep on rocking!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Maybe our expectations were too high. Area: on the verge of dodgy and a bit noisy, but very central for exploring Cape Town on foot. Room: spacious and spotless but not special (from a romantic breakaway point of view). Very, very friendly and personal service - the highlight of Rouge on Rose. Excellent and interesting breakfast - pity that they don't serve a decent coffee / cappuccino.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple