1,034 results
All reviewsbo kaapboutique hotelopen showercolorful housescall to prayerno elevatorlong streetsavoy cabbagestay in cape townlovely boutiquegreat hostsour room was spaciousbreakfast was delicioussignal hillwalking distancesouth africafantastic stay
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Not often that one can use the old adage in our modern world, but Rouge on Rose delivered on all their promises to us. The location is brilliant, the hosts warm and helpful and the room was perfect for us with great views over historical Cape Town. We would highly recommend this hotel. Same time, same place next year!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Beautiful room, beautiful views, amazing huge tub and great breakfast. The owners were amazing to deal with and gave great referrals on what to do around the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I went to the 2010 world cup and stayed at the Rogue and found it to be a pretty neat Hotel, centrally located to most areas around the cape, thereby, creating easy access to places, eg, Tabletop mountain and district 5 museum, to name a few.
Ursula and Michel were great host, along with members of staff
The hotel was nicely kept and that made for a comforting feeling..I will recommend this place to any of my friends visiting the Cape

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Me and my wife were looking for a place to spend the weekend in Cape Town... couldn't have been better.

Rouge on Rose is in a very calm neighbourhood but close enough to the all you need if looking for "less calm" activities.
The hotel is small (4 rooms I believe) which makes for a more attentive. Ursula and Michel will not let you down.

There isn't much you can do in the hotel outside your room (no lunch/dinner at the restaurant, no pool, etc) but this is not bad if you want to experience the city. The staff are always willing to assist you in a bunch of activities around the city and you don't even have to ask.

We had a self catering room with sofa/couch, a small table to eat, a table/secretary for computer, TV, DVD. Very spacious, Internet access is great, you just can't be to far from the entrance.
... and this room had the best shower I ever used in a hotel. I could set the temperature just he way I wanted easily!

Our room windows was just above the street on the 1st floor but we were not disturbed by any street noise. At times we could hear some arabic chants that lasted for about 3-4 minutes but they were not disturbing at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maapinho
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Rouge on Rose for two nights during a recent trip to South Africa. The hotel room was tidy and beautifully furnished. Their was plentiful street parking available, with a security attendant at night. Ursula greeted us warmly, and was full of personalized advice on restaurants, activities and suggestions for our time in Cape Town. The breakfast was delicious, and definitely a highlight of our stay at Rouge on Rose. Overall a wonderful experience staying and Rouge on Rose! I hope to return, and recommend this guest house to anyone travelling through Cape Town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple