TripAdvisor
Cape Town Central
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews bo kaap long street table mountain guest house is located highly recommend this guesthouse large balcony a lovely stay nice pool pool area after dark clean rooms exploring cape town bed was comfortable walking distance katarina apartment accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I really can't rate this place highly enough. I arrived late at night so couldn't really get a feel of the area but the next morning when I stepped out on the balcony and had Table Mountain right in front of me I was gob smacked. Katrin couldn't be any friendlier or helpful if she tried!!! Table Mountain's 15 mins away, the waterfront's about the same distance and Long Street's a 5 min walk.......you couldn't ask for a better location. I need to back to Cape Town and I know this is the place I'll be staying.

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The host was very hospitable. I was only able to stay for one night, but had a wonderful experience of the view of table mountain while having breakfast.
There's an area that we drove past, near the lodging that seems a little rough. But We hired a car to get there, so we didn't have problems with the location

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Upperbloem is the best hotel I have ever stayed in: Very nice and helpful owner and staff, modern and nice rooms, good breakfast, well-equipped kitchen and a great view on the Table Mountain and the city.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We enjoyed to stay at Upperbloem. The owner was very nice and we had a great room. The breakfast was also good and even if you want to have an early breakfast most is available.

The only negative part we can come on is that you have to drive/walk up a very, very steep road to get to Bloem Street. But that's only a minor thing.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ewald56
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Katrin's guesthouse! She truly does her best so we can feel at home. The guesthouse is very well located and offers a magnificient view on the City Bowl and Table Mountain. The rooms and the bathrooms were clean and the beds really comfy. In the morning, an excellent breakfast is served and a refreshing swimming pool is at your disposal. To put in a nutshell, we hignly recommend this guesthouse !!

Date of stay: May 2013