“Ok, not worth the rating”
Review of Beleza

Beleza
Ranked #147 of 1,182 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Bowl
Description: #Fantastic #Delicious
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The rating suggest that the food is excellent.

The food is average. Pasta to well cooked, flavours are 'flat'; Parmazan is no real parmazan. From a restaurant that states it has italian cuisince it is dissapointing. No where near decent italian dishes.

The (red) whine is served to warm.

Ambiance is nice, prices are ok.

Overall, for the same price go to e.g. Da Vinci's on kloof street. Imo much better Italian food.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We ate here 3 times on our trip as the food was that good. The first evening we shared the cataplana and were extremely impressed and had an excellent house sauvignon blanc for less than £10. We were so impressed we cam back and had the pork curry and my partner had the signature dish of fillet steak with red wine sauce, both were superb. I asked them if they could spice up my curry and Ronaldo the chef did so and it was truly superb. We sat talking to the owners after and booked for a third visit. Third time i had chicken livers to start which were amazing followed by the steak and my partner had the salmon special. Every visit the food was 5 star and very reasonable, I am lucky with work that i travel the world and eat in great restaurants but this would be in my top five anywhere. You must visit!!

1  Thank Englishman45
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Until my daughter arrived from L.A. and was looking on the internet for somewhere new for us to go, I had never heard of Beleza. Even if I had I would probably not have tried it because of the position of the restaurant. However, after reading the T/A reviews we decided to go there 2 nights ago. Its very casual, more for the young crowd. The table and chairs are very old but comfortable. 2nd hand clothes are hanging around the restaurant for one to purchase. The bar looked pretty extensive but we brought our own wine for which they charged R30 corkage. Only one bottle was allowed. The waitress was ok, sweet but I didnt find her very knowledgable at all and in fact none of them were. THey never came back during the meal to ask how it was. However, the food was very good and I am an extremely fussy eater. My hubby had the rump in a wine reduction sauce. It was very tender and in fact they gave him 2 pieces. The cost about R120.00. I had the prawns in a spicy sauce which were excellent. Large prawns about 8-10 still in their shell in a delicious creamy sauce. R80-90. My daughter had the chicken livers peri peri which were also good but I think better as an hors doeuvre and son in law had a pasta with chorizo and ? cant remember. Dessert - the Malva pudding was OUTSTANDING, R40. Dom Pedro with another name at R40 I felt was a lot of money and the 3rd dessert we had was pancakes with Nutella inside. WE could have done without that dessert. All in all I must say that we all enjoyed the food and will certainly go back again fr a casual meal.

1  Thank divacape
Reviewed November 26, 2013

After reading the reviews on the restaurant me and my wife went there with great expectations. We were a bit disappointed though. The Catalana was nice but not outstanding. The service was good and the Portugese Brandy VERY good! Happy we did go there but will we go again- I doubt?

1  Thank Johanestelle
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My favourite place in cape town to come for the beleza breakfast! At r 40 you really will be more than satisfied with this meal- not gourmet don't get me wrong but just feel good food:)and nice atmosphere too!