“Portuguese fare at reasonable price”
Review of Beleza

Beleza
Ranked #144 of 1,163 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Bowl
Description: #Fantastic #Delicious
Queensland, Australia
“Portuguese fare at reasonable price”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We eat out once each week and now use TripAdvisor to guide us on what restaurant to try next. We chose Beleza based on other reviews and because i wanted a steak. I had the chilli-feta triangles for a starter and was impressed. For a main had Rump grilled Trinchada-style. At R105 it was a good choice. My wife's Goan Chicken Curry wasn't exceptional but satisfactory. I also liked that drinks were reasonably priced with wines mainly in R90-R150 range (R35/glass for house wine) and beers at R14-R16. American Diner style decor. Next time i will choose the mussels for a main at around R80. Flagship dish is 10 large Tiger Prawns for R200.
Bugbear: toilet clean but very stuffy with all windows bolted tight. Buy a ceiling fan for R250 and it will change the place. Also watch the steep steps when leaving the upper level. Proper rail needed.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank MGM1954

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A restaurant that does things right!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am a registered tourist guide in Cape Town and have had only good response from tourists who I often take there myself or merely recommend as a dining option other than their hotel or guest house.
The place has a cool "vibe", the people are friendly but most importantly the food is good prepared and of excellent quality.
A definite visit if you come to Cape Town!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank capetowntouristguide
Canby, Oregon
“Super cute- home away from home”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I personally loved this restaurant because it made me feel right at home. The restaurant with the quaint vintage clothing shop right there at your finger tips was amazing. Will definitely return!

2 Thank Micah_Kalila
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious food n great vibe...”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went here twice during our short stay in Capetown, once with a big group and once just the two of us. The food was mind blowing... soooo delicious.. I am a vegetarian and they had many options for me! Loved everything we tried. Wine was good too. Overall vibe was great. The waitress seemed to manage a lot of tables very efficiently.
I tried soup, feta-jalapeno triangles, goan curry with spicy rice, Vegetable Stroganoff.
My husband loved their Beef Fillet Medallions.
We highly recommend this place.

• Visited October 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great steak and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Had the fillet steak after reading great reviews and it was delicious! The restaurant also looks like a diner with a vintage shop so is something different

• Visited September 2012