“Customized Individual Service That Simply Leaves you Stunned”

Villa Zest Boutique Hotel
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
JerrodMabry
“Customized Individual Service That Simply Leaves you Stunned”
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My 10 day trip to South Africa would have not been the same had I not stayed at the Villa Zest!

Zest is in a great location! A short walk to all Waterfront shopping and very close to the "Pink Mile."

The owner, Kevin, truly insists on making each guests' experience a special on. Whether it is making dinner and taxi arrangements for you or simply giving you the HONEST truth of your plans and then recommending alternatives. More than once, I planned something that he recommended I change. Each time I took his advice I quickly discovered that he was very, VERY right.

The manager, Desire, if FANTASTIC. She truly embraces the word "hospitality" and goes out of her way EVERY time to make sure you have a good time. She even offered to let me borrow her car!

The work staff is competent, polite, and very kind. I never had to ask for a single thing as it was already waiting there for me.

The rooms were BEAUTIFUL. Decked out in pop-mod retro that was more elegant, stylish and hip than campy or cheesy. The outdoor gardens, pool, water falls, and fireplace were all lovely touches. The pictures on the website do not truly express what a wonderful place this is.

I will go back again and again and could not more highly recommend the Villa Zest.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank JerrodMabry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Dublin
Reviewed April 14, 2009

While on our honeymoon we finished off our last 2 nights in Villa Zest, (24 - 26th March). We arrived to an unassuming hotel in Green Point, a short walking distance to the V and A. On arrival we were greeted like old friends by Desire, who invited us to a drink as she talked to us about the hotel and the area. A 70's style boutique hotel, with memorabilia from the 70's, and amazing lighting - just fantastic! We were brought to our superior room 'Studio 54' , where we were greeted with a bottle of champagne, and flowers with a lovely welcome note. We brought the bottle of bubbles up to the roof seating area and relaxed looking out over the city! The pool area down stairs was perfect, quiet in the hustle and bustle of the city. Our room was magnificant, one of our best stays while in South Africa. On departure we were invited for a glass of wine with Desire and Kevin (Owner) and we were waved off to the airport by, whom we now considered, friends. This hotel is one we will always remember and will revisit. We would highly recommend it and would have no bad comments to make. The staff really made our stay personal, and were great at recommending things to do and see, and resturants to visit at night (Savoy Cabbage/Buena Vista Cafe). The breakfasts were delicious (and healthy), not to mention the great coffee on hand any time of the day! The hotel is close to great resturants and all the amenities the city has to offer. A perfect end to our honeymoon! A magical hotel!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DesMoinesDublin
Finland
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We spent in Villa three days and we were just stunned. The design of the hotel interiors and rooms was unlike anything we have seen. This is perfect place for relaxing in intimate atmosphere. One of the special features of this hotel are multiple chill out zones where you can read a book and enjoy a glass of wine, or even do pilates work out. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. This is so great value for your money that you feel almost guilty. We will definitely visit this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I travel all over the world and have stayed in literally thousands of hotels. Villa Zest is one of my new favorites. It really is unbelieveably gorgeous. The owner, Kevin, has spared no expense and his taste is impeccible. It is whimsical, elegant, accessble, and just fantatstic. The staff is amazing. From the moment I entered the magical lobby (really), Desire, Anathi, Curlen, and Prof (and Kevin!) made me feel so welcome. They catered to my every need. Desire knew what I wanted before I did. Every detail of the place is well thought out. The rooms are spectacular, the lobby out-of-this-world, and the lounge is exquisite. The pool area makes me feel like I've stepped into a wonderland. This is what the W Hotels aspire to be. The food is delicious. Honestly, if you come to Cape Town, your experience will not be complete without staying here. I told friends to come over...just to see the place! I felt like family when I left (that said, the staff is friendly, but if you need privacy, they get it.) I can't recommend the Villa Zest enough. And, if you think I'm making this up, email me at erikeleven11@yahoo.com and I'll tell you more. I live in New York but spend much time in Cape Town. I'm glad to have now found my new home away from home.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 9, 2009

This was an extraordinary experience - a truly edgy hotel but tasteful. The decor was magnificent and the service very personable. I was amazed at the care given to every detail right down to the choice of soap. A small hotel - almost like a private home. I found the value for money to be exceptionable. The manager was a very friendly and helpful man. I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Sillymidon
Stockholm
Reviewed March 7, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights in Villa Zest in Feb 2009. Overall a wonderful experience. The location is great in Green Point close to the Waterfront and inbetween the city and Sea Point with easy acess to the roads to the beaches in Clinton and Camps Bay, The design is very cool. The rooms are spacious and comfortable rooms with the latest technology. The atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed with a saltwater pool and small garden to relax in. Owner Kevin and manager Ilana were extremly professional and helpful assisting us with any arrangements we wished. This hotel is a true gem

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Goegubben
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
Reviewed March 6, 2009

I recently stayed at the Villa Zest for 5 nights and wished that it had been 10 or 15. Villa Zest was not my first choice but I am glad that the other place was fully booked as I had a wonderful time at the Villa Zest. One of the most stylish boutique hotels I've ever stayed at. Stylish and cute as it was, the most impressive thing was the management/service - Kevin and Illana were magic - welcoming, warm and very helpful. Breakfast buffet was amazing and the location is hard to beat - close to all the major Cape Town attractions - walking distance to the waterfront and a few clicks from the beaches. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple