“Most exhilarating experience!”

Shark Zone
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For a memorable and unique Cape Town adventure, nothing can be more exhilarating than a cage diving and surface viewing tour to meet the mighty great white shark. One of the few places in the world where white sharks can be observed regularly at any time of the year, Gansbaai is known as the shark diving capital of the world. The watery habitat of the apex predator is not glamorous and this tour is highly weather dependent - this is mother nature at her most temperamental and raw; only when you see your first flash of steely grey sliding purposefully towards the boat, will you understand the magnetic beauty of the great white shark. Indescribable. No previous diving experience is necessary to enter the cage and everything you will need to fully enjoy the tour is provided, from your meals, to your dive equipment and even the convenient and comfy shuttle that Shark Zone can provide to get you there. As Cape Town's #1 booking agent for great white shark tours, Shark Zone will make sure you get the best deal, hassle-free!
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

You cannot come to Cape Town and not contact Shark Zone. This is without a doubt the best and most professional company. From start to finish we were taken care of and felt like celebrities. No where on earth will you ever find a better experience.

If you want to dive with the great whites and experience nature in its most perfect setting. Shark Zone is your company. Not only that they have the greatest respect for nature.

Can't wait to come back and contact Shark Zone again!!!!!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

to see shark as close as you can imagine is an experience which cannot be described in words, do it yourself for sure. its totally safe

2  Thank k4r7ik
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Prepaid for a diving experience. Inclement weather and traffic accident prevented us from making the dive, promised a refund. Despite several contacts and a request for my Bank details NO REFUND after nearly eight months!

19  Thank Mahhlala
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked a cage dive with Shark Zone in mid November 2012 and the overall experience was great. We drove ourselves so can't comment on the transportation. They provided a decent breakfast (certainly more food and variety than expected). We then headed out. There were 14 people on our boat and the cage fits 6 people so there were three different groups. The crew was great - very friendly and helpful. They had enough wetsuits and snorkel masks for everyone. They also allowed everyone the opportunity to go into the cage twice. Not that it's in their control, but there were seven sharks during our trip, with the largest being ~4 meters (12 feet). After the dive they even slowed the boat when they found some whales so we could all get pics. We ended the adventure with some lunch as we watched the video they made of the day. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and pleasant experience. This is the only time we've ever been shark diving so I can't compare them to other companies, but I would highly recommend Shark Zone. Everything was professional, enjoyable and better than we had expected. 5 stars!

3  Thank LilChiefBW
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I went on the shark cage diving trip with Shark Zone. It was a very early start as we had to be out on the water by 7.00 when the sharks feeding time is! We left Cape Town around four in the morning and travelled to Gansbaai the shark capital of the world.
I went with my younger sister who was on hoildays visiting me, it was more a trip for her than me as she was determined to see the sharks up close before she went home to Ireland. I was quite aprehensive about the whole thing, especially the point when you have to cimb into the cage! But the diving instructor who was on board was so calming and reassuring that I got in. And what an experience it was. When the shark swam right past our cage it was a surreal experience. I would recommend the trip to anyone. Afterwards we were able to buy the DVD which had some great underwater shots of the sharks close encounters to the cage.
We had also brought our own camera, a Canon 600D on which we got some great shots. We were then picked up and dropped right outside our accomodation. After a few days when I went to get the camera to show the photos to friends I realised that the camera was missing. I was in shock and realised in my tiredness I had left my camera on the bus that had transported us back from the shark cage diving. I rang the owner Vincent to see if by any chance the camera had been found. To my utter delight and surprise Vincent told me that the driver had found my camera on the bus and had left it with him. As there was no personal information with the camera they had to wait for a call to see who it was that had owned the camera. I was amazed at how honest and decent the employees of Shark Zone are. And I just want to extend my deepest graditude to them, if I ever have visitors to Cape Town again we will certainly be going shark cage diving with Shark Zone.
Thank you so much Vincent and all the team at Shark Zone :)

8  Thank ClareD82