This hotel is certainly not suitable for people travelling without a vehicle. Taxis often don't know it and the area isn't very nice. The canal service finishes at dusk and on one occasion we couldn't get on a boat from the Watefront and were told there would be a 1/2 hr wait. On our first evening we called to enquire the time of the last boat, were given the wrong time so that when we got down the last boat had long gone....although reception seemed unsure, surely a hotel relying on the passing boat service should at least know the times? To walk into the V&A you have to walk back into town and, in our case, pass people sleeping rough, as two ladies this was not acceptable. On another occasion the hotel could not get us a taxi. Our room was booked in the wrong name and we were given a double bed rather than two singles, despite reception confirming the room would be a twin when we checked in. Plenty of fruit at breakfast, the toaster was however inefficient and we were only told on the 4th morning you could order egg items from the kitchen.The shower was very efficient. The room suffered noise from the motorways either side of the canal, one of which was visible from the room.The only light in the bathroom shone through the (fore-mentioned) blind, causing the bedroom to be floodlit. The room lighting was poor. Housekeeping service was spasmodic. On arrival you receive 2 biscuits on the tea tray, this is for your entire stay. Rather mean considering the room rate was the same throughout. On our second night (of a 6 night booking) we received a call at 4:30am telling us our taxi was waiting and the receptionist insisted we were going to the airport. The pool area is limited. The pool measures only 8 x3m, there is no shade and only 10 sunbeds. This is for the use of 40 rooms plus all the privately owned suites. The pool was dirty and had mould on the tiles, and on the two occasions we visited the area there was litter on the floor. The steps accessing the pool were wobbly. The pool area was unusable to us due to the complete lack of shade. We were led to believe (and the stars are outside to confirm) this was a 4* establishment: the level of service, ambience and attention to detail didn't match the other 4* we'd stayed at in Cape Town. There seemed an issue with a lack of staff training, and we didn't feel the staff had the same 'happiness' we experienced everywhere else in Cape Town.
We have taken the matter up with our travel agent, who we also notified of our concerns during our stay, and we assumed had notified the hotel.
On giving our feedback to the hotel after our stay they offered to call to discuss, we refused this as we saw no point as we would not return to the Harbour Bridge & our contract was with our tour operator, Trailfinders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This state of the art hotel is ideally positioned on the Roggebaai Canal Waterfront, close to the V&A Waterfront, within the Cape Town International Convention Centre precinct, and this prime location attracts both corporate and leisure travellers seeking a distinctive experience. Set against a backdrop of picturesque mountain views with a sea water canal running through the hotel's bridge wing, the hotel links the city to the sea. There are 40 well-appointed and comfortable rooms as well as an additional 18 luxury suites which have an open lounge area and fully equipped kitchen, making them an ideal choice for longer staying guests. A contemporary restaurant offers good food in a relaxing setting with a picturesque location alongside the canal. The stylish Executive Boardroom is an ideal venue for intimate meetings and product launches for up to 15 guests. This sophisticated hotel offers warm hospitality coupled with a wide range of services and facilities for both business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your AHA Harbour Bridge Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Bridge Hotel And Suites
- Harbour Bridge Hotel Cape Town Central
- AHA Harbour Bridge Hotel & Suites Cape Town, South Africa