I was booked in this hotel for a week-end in October 2013. I was fairly disappointed for the following reasons :
The room is more an appartment style that a comfortable hotel room. It is provided with a huge kitchen that I just do not need. The rest of the room is modern and clean but I found the decoration bleak, all grey.
The corridors are just outdoor, and very windy.
I was extremely disappointed by the Wifi that never worked properly on my iphone. Despite technical assistance this could not be adressed. I found that the Wifi system was not user friendly at all, requesting user names and passwords to be created at all times.
The breakfast wasnt particularly good. For example there were no fresh strawberries served whilst the strawberry farms are nearby and it is the season.
You cannot work to the waterfront from the hotel. This can be dangerous and would be too long, over 30mn anyway.
There is no gym facility and the pool didnt work.
Apart from that the staff was friendly but not 100% professional, as I received different answers depending on who I talked to at the front desk, such as for the boat transfer to the waterfront, for which unlike advertised on the Hotel web site, there is no free transfer offered.
Overall, I have been very disappointed by the hotel, and do not recommend it despite affordable prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This state of the art hotel is ideally positioned on the Roggebaai Canal Waterfront, close to the V&A Waterfront, within the Cape Town International Convention Centre precinct, and this prime location attracts both corporate and leisure travellers seeking a distinctive experience. Set against a backdrop of picturesque mountain views with a sea water canal running through the hotel's bridge wing, the hotel links the city to the sea. There are 40 well-appointed and comfortable rooms as well as an additional 18 luxury suites which have an open lounge area and fully equipped kitchen, making them an ideal choice for longer staying guests. A contemporary restaurant offers good food in a relaxing setting with a picturesque location alongside the canal. The stylish Executive Boardroom is an ideal venue for intimate meetings and product launches for up to 15 guests. This sophisticated hotel offers warm hospitality coupled with a wide range of services and facilities for both business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your AHA Harbour Bridge Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Bridge Hotel And Suites
- Harbour Bridge Hotel Cape Town Central
- AHA Harbour Bridge Hotel & Suites Cape Town, South Africa