“Excellent food, beautiful setting!”
Review of Cafe Paradiso

Cafe Paradiso
Ranked #48 of 1,163 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established by the inimitable Freda, Cafè Paradiso immediately set the bar for local cuisine and, from its inception, introduced us to a variety of dishes and ingredients seldom before experienced locally. Loving the idyllic setting and the warm ambience, Capetonians eagerly tucked into exotic and ‘foreign’ fare such as tzatziki, dolmades and babaganoush as well as the delicious country-style dishes which emanated from Paradiso’s bustling kitchens. Joined by three more formidable women, Laurille, Lynn and Mapula, Frieda and her team remained the heart of city trading with a lineage of values forming the foundation of this amazing establishment.
“Excellent food, beautiful setting!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had, lovely evening in this wonderful little restaurant. The food was very good and very tasty. The staff very friendly. We will definitely come back and will recomend this place to our friends!

• Visited March 2014

• Arabic first
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Great service, good food”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

When I dropped in at Café Paradiso on a Wednesday night it was full and they had no table for me - so even on a weekday you should book ahead! However, as I was by myself they offered me a type of bar-seat, facing the kitchen. I was starving so I took it and in the end I quite enjoyed sitting there and watching them in action in the kitchen, cooking and preparing gorgeous cakes.

It's a very cozy place and the service is excellent, very attentive and friendly. Moreover, the food is good and at great value. I had pasta, some red wine and a coke plus creme brulé for dessert, and the bill was only 200 rand.

While I was paying the bill one of the guys from the kitchen came over and gave me a small slice of cheese-cake, complementary. Nice touch which topped of a very pleasant experience. Definitely recommended for a cozy dinner!

• Visited March 2014
Kimbolton, United Kingdom
“You wont find a better value place in Cape Town”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great Value and friendly staff who watch over you and ensure you enjoy the whole Paradiso experience.Lunch in the garden is wonderful as is the front of the dining room. The food is great value with generous portions. You will return time and time again.

Visited January 2014
London
“Wonderful garden setting”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a table in the courtyard for dinner. Service was good and the food was amazing. The mussel gnocchi was one of the best pasta dishes that I have ever had in Cape Town. Food and wine was reasonably priced and there was a good selection of wine. Even though it was a week night, the restaurant was full so I would recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. This restaurant would be great for a romantic dinner or catching up with friends.

Visited March 2014
Centurion, South Africa
“Give thanks to good food :)”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

An old faithful, no matter who I bring or what we order, this is a winner.

Romance, friends, family or fly it solo. Who cares? with their friendly & efficient staff, good lighting and great vibe.

See you there!