“Fun Evening with interesting FOOD!”
Review of Fork Restaurant

Fork Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Let me start by saying Mike made our evening easy and an experience. We had a group of five couples and Mike honored separate checks; not an easy task. He recommended our selection of 'tapas'; my wife and I ordered five, which were fun, very good and interesting. The restaurant was a few minutes from our Hotel; Inn on the Square. We ate upstairs with a group table and received great service. I asked Mike to remove a wine bottle label which he did with a smile. Thanks for a nice and friendly evening.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I actually wanted to give this restaurant a 4 star rating but I realized this would have been based of my expectations due to being number 4 on TA. No fine dining here but nice honest food presented as snacks (wouldn't call it tapas). Super friendly service makes up for the sometimes too casual approach. Very European set up. Would not make a special trip to eat here but will certainly pop in again next time I am in the area.

1  Thank Joop C
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This restaurant will not let you down! Went here on my short stay in Cape town and it was by far the best. The tuna, salmon and prawns were by far my favorite 3 dishes. The staff was very friendly and recommended some excellent dishes aswell. The wine list is little bit short on selection but the food is excellent.
It is tapas style at its best, from taste to presentation. This will be my first dining option on ny next visit to Cape Town!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Wanted to check this one out but could only get there right before closing time on a Saturday night which made me a little apprehensive but I need not have worried. The welcome was warm because this is a genuinely family run restaurant and its run by people who know what they are doing. We had a superb feast of beautifully turned out tapas with an outstanding chocolate desert and we don't normally do desserts. The wine list is small but expertly chosen. This is a top class establishment right in the middle of the Long St scene and it is very reasonable indeed. Outstanding.

1  Thank 837IanM
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The waiter Ryan explained the Tapas menu to us. He offered a unique description of each item. The food was beautifully presented and very tasty. Every item we selected exceeded our expectations. The Fork menu is reasonably priced as well. We will be back.