“Awesome burgers”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Awesome burgers”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you're looking for a great selection of burgers in Cape Town, look no further. Royale Eatery sets the scene, with a huge selection of choices, plus great drinks - and a good venue upstairs. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
Scotland
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I visited here several times while I was in Cape Town - they make delicious burgers (I recommend the Baxter!) and unbeatable milkshakes (I loved every one I tried - especially the Chai and Banana!). Quick and friendly service and a nice restaurant in general. A must-do if you're visiting Long St!

Cape Town, South Africa
“I was impressed”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have read several reviews on this restaurant, after having been there myself yesterday. We were looking for a place to have a quick lunch and my husband had eaten here before on more than one occasion. He had the BopBop burger- done med-rare, as he likes his meat, so he was in foodie heaven. Due to a slight misunderstanding, I received a crumbed chicken salad, where-as I understood the word ''crispy'' to refer to a similar cooking method as that of ''crispy duck'', not covered in crumbs. Being gluten intolerant, I could not eat it and pushed the plate away, prepared to not have it, but still pay for it, as I do not like making scenes about food intolerances in a restaurant. I should have clarified beforehand exactly what the meal entailed or perhaps the waitress could have explained the specials on their board- of which this was one. After both the waitress and the manageress came back asking if I would not rather like to order something else, I did and received my food within minutes. When the bill came, they did not charge me for either my untouched meal or my replacement meal. I was beyond impressed as they honestly did not have to do this. I loved the atmosphere of this little restaurant and they have an extensive menu, ranging from beef, chicken, fish and veggie burgers to pizza's, salads, shakes and desserts. They also have a nice cocktail menu and apparently have a lounge upstairs for after-work drinks. I see that several people complained about the bathroom being unisex. This is Long Street in Cape Town, seriously, most shops and restaurants are so small, the fact that they even have a bathroom on site is a miracle. Although dated,it was clean when we were there. Disposable hand paper towels were lacking though. All in all, we enjoyed our lunch and I would definitely go back again. They are open Monday to Sat from 12h00-23h30. Since it is a small restaurant, rather make a reservation if you are more than two people.

1 Thank CorneCapeTown
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Feel good vibes.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The selection of burgers and milkshakes at the Royale Eatery is really something to look forward to. All patties are home made with different ingredients (such as spices and meat) depending on your preference. The atmosphere provides for a good time with unique decorations and layout.

1 Thank Liezl K
“Great vibe and great burgers!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is very hip and has a great vibe (espescially for young people)! The hamburgers were excellent and the service was good. We also had milshakes for desert- there's an big selection to choose from and it was amazing! I would go back anytime!!!

1 Thank Katryn1