“Don't miss this!! Especially if you're vegetarian!!”
Review of Royale Eatery

Royale Eatery
Ranked #26 of 1,146 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Don't miss this!! Especially if you're vegetarian!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

WOW. I LOVED this place!
I have a friend that went to South Africa a few years ago, and he told me that this place had THE WORLD'S BEST MILKSHAKES!! I looked them up online, so I had an idea of what I was getting into - but they lived up to my expectations!!

Delicious and large salads, unbelievably yummy milkshakes, unique and delicious vegetarian burgers (and lots of meat/fish/chicken burgers for you meat eaters), great side dishes and quick service!

They can make any of their over 50 types of burgers with either a beef patty, chicken, fish, or vegetarian burger!! So many unique and delicious topping combinations - I had trouble deciding!

They also had over 20 flavours of milkshakes - so delicious!

Don't miss this!! Good price, great food, worth the trip!!!

• Visited April 2012

• Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great food but can someone please serve the waitresses an attitude adjustment?”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Seriously killer food, if you're vegetarian try the Veg Royale with Swiss Cheese, sweet potatoes fries rock and their milk shakes do bring the boys to the yard but it really is hit or miss with the service. You have to keep on them sometimes for everything and it's more like service with a hipster smirk than a smile. It's a shame because I've been enjoying that place for ages but recently it's just gotten a bit un-hospitable. Also they don't do bookings for the downstairs area, so be sure to bring your iPhone so you can write TripAdvisor reviews while you wait!

, Owner at Royale Eatery, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Hi Shawn,
Thanks for the kind words, regarding our food. I am so sorry that you were made to feel unwelcome by your waitresses. We strive for excellence in ALL areas of our restaurant, and hope that every single customer leaves happy and satisfied with their food and the service. I would like to personally address any issues you may have had. Please could you send an email to info@royaleeatery.com so that I can get hold of you, and resolve the issue.
Much Appreciated,
Hugo Berolsky - Owner
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“didn't try a burger but....”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

we had the most fantastic sweet potato chips and chocolate brownies!
We were looking for a late night snack along long street- and Royale was the perfect spot

The sweet potato chips were absolutely delish! They had such a wonderful flavour- better then normal potato chips any day. The chips came served with three dips- tomato sauce, sour cream and what tastes like Mc Donalds sweet and sour sauce. The sour cream is a little sour, and the sweet and sour is a little sweet- solution: mix them together!
This was our favourite combination and worked wonderfully with the sweet potato chips.

Next up was the Chocolate brownie (R30) for dessert. These were amaaaazing! The brownie was served warm and mushy. Sprinkled over the top is what I'm guessing to be oreo cookies! So divine!

I'm going to have to head back soon to try out the burgers!

For more information and pictures:

• Visited June 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Burger Quest 4”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

the best burger in Cape Town, no doubt! we sat at the window over looking the street, hearing and feeling the hustle and bustle of the mid week, Cape Town city lunch hour, we were very lucky to even get a table. i had the Uncle Morris, crispy bacon, cheese and beef, it was very tasty. good good good. i can't wait till the next time i visit Cape Town, i will be back!

• Visited October 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
“good food - not so much space”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I tried booking a table two days in advance, it was fully booked.
They said we could walk in as they save some tables for that.
I also said we were to be 7 and they said it is fine.
We ended up being squeezed into a small booth.
The food was good but it was just not enough space for 7 people