“5 star meal!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Mount Nelson (hotel across the street) reccommend we try this restaurant. We love steak and are used to Canadian meat, but this place was awesome. The sauces to go with the steak really did make the meal. This was a treat, a must try!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

How many restaurants claim to have the best steak?? Too many in my opinion, however I do feel that Nelsons Eye can justifiably make this claim. I have eaten there a couple of times and never had anything other than mouth watering, melt-in-the-month fillet.
A decent wine lists with some good robust reds help to wash down the perfectly cooked meat.
A friend of mine was travelling to CT recently and asked for some recommendations so Nelsons was one that I gave him. He ended up eating there for 11 out of 14 nights!! Enough said!

Will be in CT next month and am already looking forward to have some juicy fillet in Nelsons.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This one was highly recommended to us by friends as having the best steaks in Cape Town. Not so - We were all somewhat disappointed with the meals.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This steakhouse has had a few different owers since I first ate there in 1970. It is as good now as it has always been-- by far the best in Cape Town. Super steaks, super service, so looking forward to eating there again.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The service was awful, unfriendly owner put me off going again, Damp and mouldy smell inside made me lose my appetite. totally overpriced too !

1  Thank miamifinnella