1,608 results
All reviewslord and ladybedroom suiteluxury hotelwasher dryerrooftop barfull kitchentravel deskgreen pointbeautiful hotelcoffee machineliving areashuttle serviceour honeymoonself cateringbreakfast was includedwaterfront areafour nights
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

The lobby of the hotel is so beautiful and smells lovely. The staff is very friendly. The decor is very much my style, with lots of marble and beautiful paintings, it looks very nice. But its not that comfortable. I would compare the comfort level to a 3 start hotel, so I think we overpaid for what we actually got in term of value. The beds were not comfortable, the pillows were pathetic and the concierge didn’t’ have any other options for us. They brag about having a washer/ dryer but it doesn’t really work. We tried drying a load twice and it was still wet, so we had to hang the clothes out to dry. We were unable to change the temperature, so we were either freezing or too hot. But it offered a spacious living room and kitchen and it is conveniently located, so it’s not a bad stay.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2017

Once upon a time this hotel may have been grand and luxurious but it is not. The best thing it has going for it is the location in that its within 10 mins walk of the Waterfront.

Not so good things include but not limited to;

- Arrival with a rental car is almost impossible if you haven't pre paid or organised parking
- The beds are very small (double)
- The hot water systems in the room are noisy and run at all hours of the day and night and disturb sleep
- In case of a fire alarm (or 5) during the night the staff are unable to communicate what is going on and assure guests that there is no danger

Overall there are better options in Cape Town for the price this property is asking guests to pay.....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Large suites in a great location. The morning staff at the restaurant were the best way to start our day! The front desk were very helpful booking us for the Robben Island tour - book early if you want to go.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2017

Shared a two room suite with a friend. Over all suite was lovely, however the second bedroom was very small and no natural light. It would be fair to say one guest experienced a 5 star accommodation and the other not so much. We did return for one additional night and the 2 bedroom suite on this occasion was much nicer and both bedrooms/ bathrooms were comparable and 5 star level. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I was also able to leave my large suitcase in storage a for a number of nights while we explored Wine country. I would recommend subject to the room choice

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2017

1. Started out with the reservations lady lack of communication and poor service when making the booking.
2. Upon arrival, guest relations was lying slouched in his chair, earphones in his ears and did not acknowledge me when I walked in.
3. Receptionist greeted me (sitting down at his desk with his cell phone blaring ganster music from the speaker). Eventually he switched the phone off when he himself could not hear me talking to him.
4. All the "special requests" that the reservations lady asked me to complete (and which I re-confirmed all the special requests telephonically the day before travel), was not adhered to and no-one in the hotel was aware of them, despite the completed form, the follow up phonecall from my side the day before.
5. Requested that champagne glasses be sent up to the room - never arrived
6. One of the special requests for one of the birthday guests staying in the room was to have nuts, biltong with a birthday card put in the room prior arrival. This was not in the room but I was promised by reception that they would go and buy something and place it in the room as a surprise when we get back. When we returned to our hotel, I was handed a Pick and Pay packet at reception with a small bag of nuts and a small bag of biltong and a no-name brand small packet of chips to take up to my room myself.
7. I contacted the hotel the next day, who apologised and promised to get to bottom of the ordeal.
8. I received a call from the rooms divisions manager the next day, apologising and confirming that things were not supposed to be handled that way and assured me of a phone call from either himself of the manager. It has been a week now with no reply. Since then, each time I call, there is no-one available to take my call.
Worst experience ever. Do not ever send your guest to this hotel if you want to surprise your guests, or leave anything special in the room as there is absolutely no guarantee that it will get done, despite filling out forms and following up with phonecalls to ensure all will run smoothly.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends