1,617 results
All reviews lord and lady bedroom suite luxury hotel washer dryer rooftop bar full kitchen travel desk green point fantastic hotel coffee machine living area shuttle service our honeymoon self catering waterfront area four nights free shuttle
Reviewed September 30, 2015

This is a beautiful hotel in the waterfront area of Cape Town. We stayed here three nights and although they do a lot of things right there are some infuriating issues with the rooms that we had. The toilets need to have there flush button played with to get the water to stop running, the coffee machine in the room was not functioning, the air conditioning control when having the buttons pushed caused the control to fall off the wall - hanging by its wire. The instructions on how to use the washing machine were great but not sure they had anything to do with the washing machine that was installed in the room. The same was true of the TV remote controls (there were two required to operate the TV) - never did get anything more than 1 channel. Only one Kleenex in the sole box and no spare boxes... of course timed with my wife and I having a cold! There was no wall plug anywhere near a mirror to use the hair dryer!
I sure hope that they can do a much better job of the details in this grand hotel

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CapeRoyaleManager, Hotel Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, let me take the opportunity to sincerely apologise that your experience with us did not live up to your expectation.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback that adds value and results in improvement within our establishment. I can assure you that the team and I are disappointed that we failed to meet your expectation

Thank you for highlighting the beauty of our property and we sincerely hope that we can restore some faith in having you return for another stay in order for us to reflect a new perspective of the Cape Royale.

Reviewed September 25, 2015

Firstly, Credit to all the staff at Cape Royale, especially Adam the Guest Service Manager, as when ever there minor problems, they would be sorted out swiftly and promptly. Our Appartment was perfect and looked better in real life than actually seeing it on the internet. The location was perfect for us, all the great shops were near by at Waterfront, and they offer a great complementary shuttle service, in some very nice Cars. Our Bed, Linning, and cleaning was done on a daily basis. One of the Best Hotels I have stayed at, and will defintley go back should I visit Cape Town. Keep up the good work Cape Royale Team

Room tip: Try and get a Room that oversees the front of the Hotel, you will have an excellent view of the stadium
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CapeRoyaleManager, Hotel Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your sharing your experience with us and fellow-travellers.

We pride ourselves in delivering the best in product and service delivery to all our guests and we are so pleased to learn that you have rated the team’s efforts in high regard, particularly Adam, who has been highlighted for his outstanding contribution

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 23, 2015

My stay at the Cape Royale was smooth and comfortable. My wifi worked great, which was especially important for me as I was working from the hotel each night, and the room itself was spacious and carried every amenity I could need. The location was convenient for everything I did in Cape Town and the staff was helpful in getting me taxis and helping me with directions.

The restaurant was probably the highlight of my stay here. The food was delicious and the service was fast and absolutely pleasant. One morning I had to run out quickly and the manager actually carried my food to the car as my hands were full. Talk about great service :) Highly recommend the Cape Royale for anyone staying in Cape Town.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank conquistadoree
CapeRoyaleManager, Hotel Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your decision in making the Cape Royale your destination of choice and for sharing your experience with us and fellow-travellers.

We are so pleased to learn that you have rated the team’s efforts in high regard.

It is our mission to ensure our guests receive only the best in product and service delivery and having to carry out your food to the car with your hands being full, is the least we can do to make your stay just a little bit better.

I do appreciate your comments and look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 23, 2015 via mobile

Stayed for two weeks while my husband was in Cape Town on business. Most of the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. However the living area in our appartment had no curtains and was overlooked by apartments opposite. This meant I felt very overlooked and uncomfortable when in the apartment. The hotel cafe/resteraunt had a limited menu and while it seemed to be French themed it had an odd selection of food in offer. The salads were defiantly not French influenced.
It offers a fitness suite which is a tiny room in the middle of the complex that has no windows and very few fitness machines. I would not recommend this for business use. However for a few days holiday it is well located for the tourist spots.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

I am thankful for the constructive feedback received and will certainly use as a means for us to improve.

May I kindly ask that you contact me direct on gallo.shanker@caperoyale.co.za as I would like to understand which room you have occupied with regards to having no curtains.

I trust that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2015

I went for business travel and stayed at this 5 star luxury hotel, I was expected it to be safe and secure but cash of USD 200 was stolen from my wallet the first day that I checked in while I went down for a light meal in the mid afternoon.

I have reported to the manager and was informed that nothing has been recovered. I have also been informed that the outcome of the full investigation which included, cctv footage and several interviews including polygraph test has not yielded any conclusive evidence with regards to the involvement of any of team members.

I was quite amazed by their treatment of this issue in light matter, although I was informed of the process but it did not have any conclusive evidence. I went on to tripadviser and read the reviews and find that in the history there were 12 incidents of reported theft. The hotel response was always standard response like the one that we received, as an extract from the history response:

" CCTV footage was reviewed. Polygraph tests were carried out with our staff. Regular communication was sent to you from our Security Manager to keep you informed. We have carried out a full investigation and regrettably there is no evidence to prove that 1)That there was money in your suite and 2) That our staff took any money from your suite."

I was quite amazed that in a 5 star hotel there is no strict policy with dealing members stolen cash from guest, I would only believe that a polygraph was conducted if they have presented to me as an evidence otherwise I can guess they just trying to hide it as background story. Even the manager just use standard statement in responding to all the reported theft.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank KevinChou6699
CapeRoyaleManager, Hotel Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2015

Dear Mr Chou,

Thank you for your candid review with regards to your recent stay with us.

As you so rightfully mention the response you receive from us following a thorough investigation would most certainly be similar based on the fact that a standard set of consistent rules in determining the final conclusion to any claims of alleged theft, as in this case is no different to any inconclusive evidence found in cases prior. The result and feedback based on inconclusive evidence would then always, consistently be the same.

As you are aware we carried out a thorough and detailed investigation into the alleged theft from your suite and had regular contact with you regarding the investigation.

It was not our intention to ruin your stay by the alleged theft and we take incidents of this nature extremely seriously.

We would not like to see you avoid the Cape Royale in the future and would welcome the opportunity to have you back with us in the future as mentioned directly in our prior communication.