“Excellent value!”

Ranked #33 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
new delhi
“Excellent value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed for 3 days in a Family Room in the first week of July. The first thing is the location: a 10 minute walk from the waterfront.
Second, is the room itself: a two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms and a large kitchen, washing machine, oven, microwave and basic cutlery. This , along with Woolworth being steps away made eating in an easy experience.
Finally, the staff are friendly and eager to please; we had an issue with the Wi-Fi, which was rectified in a jiffy.
All in all, for the price paid, its excellent value for money paid and is strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for a family suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this excellent review of our staff and services. We are so pleased to read your positive comments here on Trip Advisor and very grateful that you have shared your feedback for others to read.
I do hope your journey back home to India was safe and pleasant and that we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again should you be in Cape Town.

Once again thank you for your support.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife, 6-year-old son, and I recently stayed at the Cape Royale for about 5 days, and we were absolutely thrilled with the experience. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite facing the water and loved the view and the extra space that was afforded by having the suite. A nice, unexpected bonus was the presence of a combination washer/dryer in the kitchenette, which allowed us to do our laundry before leaving at a fraction of the cost of using the hotel laundry services. (We went to a Pick 'n Pay in the shopping mall near the waterfront and picked up some detergent and fabric softener for about what it would cost to have the hotel launder one of our pairs of pants!)

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the location was great. It was a short, 20-30 Rand taxi ride to the waterfront. Additionally, the street on which the hotel is located has multiple excellent restaurants within just a couple of blocks in either direction. We recommend Bistro 1800, the restaurant within the hotel, for breakfast, but we felt like there were many better dinner options nearby; however, one night it was raining heavily so we ate at the Bistro for dinner, and felt that though the food was mediocre, it was at least convenient.

In summary, the hotel is lovely, the staff is excellent, and the location and convenience to most of the major local tourist sites is great for couples and families. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The 2-bedroom suites facing the water are particularly lovely!
Dear Royal Guest and family,

Thank you for this great review of our staff and services and thank you taking the time to share this feedback here on Trip Advisor for other guests to read.
I am pleased that you and your family had such a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.

Regarding your comments about Bistro 1800, please be advised that we are closing the restaurant on 31st July and re-launching mid august with a completely new restaurant concept. I do hope you will come back and give us your feedback.

Once again thanks for your feedback and your support.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel. When I first came to the hotel I walked on a red carpet waiting the doorman who was wearing a tux working at the hotel to open the door for us. The lobby of the hotel is very classy. The suites were gigantic and beautiful. It had 2 bedrooms, tv, kitchen and washing machine. The staff was amazing. We got a great deal for this hotel. The room have a great view of the Table Top Mountain and the 2010 Fifa World Cup stadium. Bathrooms were huge. It is a 10 minutes walk to the Waterfront. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who comes to Cape Town.

Room Tip: For a family of four choose room 811 it is quiet and nice
Dear Royal Guest,

WOW what can I say about this review. We are humbled at your comments and so very appreciative that you have shared this feedback here on Trip Advisor. We take pride in our hotel, service and our team and we are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, until then, keep well and again thanks for your support.

Royal Regards

Terri Jabaar & the team at Cape Royale.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I visited Cape Town for an anniversary trip. Cape Royale is an apartment style hotel -- kitchens, laundry, living room, etc. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom/2 bath room with a view of the waterfront. It was beautiful, spotless, and the bathroom is gorgeous. Our room was larger than our condo back in the USA! The staff was always helpful and attentive upon departure or arrival.

We ate at the restaurant for breakfast only and it was fine. We even went to the grocery store down the street for snacks, wine, etc. We did a load of laundry before departing to our next destination, which was a huge plus!

We did do an appointment at the spa -- and I will say that we were not terribly happy with our services there. The practitioners were nice and the facilities nice and clean (nothing too elaborate though); my husband had a massage and I had a facial and they put us in the same room. Okay? That's fine. But then during my facial the esthetician left the room for a long time. I said something to the massage therapist and was told "maybe she didn't want to disturb your husband with the service" It was just a strange experience. But I give the hotel 5 stars as whole because our hotel experience and stay was definitely worthy of a high review.

The location is great and VERY central. We would definitely stay here again when we go back!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TracyR013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this lovely review and for sharing your feedback.
I am so pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Especially the suite itself.
Thank you for the comments regarding the service in the Spa, please be assured that I have investigated this with the team in order to better accommodate our guest needs and requests in the Spa and during treatments.

Once again many thanks for your support.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights from June 27 to July 3, 2014. I had come to Cape Town with my son who was on school trip but was staying at another hotel with hi school mates.
I had booked for a one bedroom apartment but was checked into a two bedroom apartment right in the front of the hotel with the most awesome view of the main road and the stadium.
The apartment was beautifully finished with a beautiful wooden parquet floor. The bigger room room had a full length window that opened unto a balcony where one could stand and enjoy the fresh air, the bathroom, very elegant with a bath and a separate shower.
There was a roof top bar and swimming, quite impossible to swim due to the weather, but the bar was a fantastic place to hang out and chill in the evenings.
All in all, this is a wonderful place to stay, very comfortable, lovely location 3 minutes from the V&A waterfront, right in the centre of town.
The staff of the hotel are very friendly, and helpful and I do remember a front desk staff called Nichole who went out of the way to be helpful whenever needed.
I am looking forward to staying here again on my next trip to Cape Town with my family.

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms at Cape Royale will be satisfactory. I just always prefer a room in the fron...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at the Cape Royale with my two college-age kids, and they were ready to move in permanently. We were upgraded on arrival from a two-bedroom to a lovely three-bedroom/three bath apartment/suite (not to mention four tv's, which my son appreciated given that the world cup was on). We didn't think we would use the fully-equipped kitchen, but actually it came in handy, and my daughter even decided to do a load of laundry. We all used the wi-fi and had no problems with it.
For a family, this hotel is a terrific option, especially since most Cape Town hotels are unable to accommodate three people unless you take two rooms. (Another five-star hotel a few blocks away was charging three times the price and all we would get would be one room with a king bed and a roll-in.) The spa offered me a complementary mini-massage, which was wonderful, and my daughter tried the "body grooming," (in other words, waxing), and she was very happy with the results.
The hotel is just a short walk from the waterfront; we found the location excellent. We didn't eat at the restaurant -- we prefer when a hotel offers a buffet breakfast -- so I cannot comment on that. We had pre-arranged our Cape Town tours, so we did not use the travel desk. But like other reviewers, we felt that we got wonderful accommodations at a very reasonable price, and we enjoyed our stay there enormously.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

A good cost benefit for what it offers. The room we stayed was an apartment with two suites, large living room and kitchen. Well decorated place in all the details. Unfortunately when we stayed the top floor was closed and we missed the fantastic view.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RicardoFromBrazil
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this review and for your positive feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Apologies for the inconvenience with the Skybar being closed. Regrettably in winter due to the weather, we occasionally have to close this area. I do hope we will have the opportunity to show you this area in the future.

Once again many thanks for sharing your feedback with us.