We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite in November 2012 which had a good view of the stadium and waterfront. Staff was very friendly and helpful and guests were treated like royals with announcement of our arrival on the first day accompanied with a gong and welcome letter addressing us as Lord and Lady. Nice touch. Service at 1800 was exceptionally good with amazing breakfast. The only compliant we had was the level of housekeeping service which we would expect of this hotel. After the first night, the housekeeping staff did not seem to complete restocking the coffee/tea tray and toiletries and even left their worksheet on the kitchen cabinet. We also tried washing some of our clothes having just been back from 4 nights of safari up at Sabi Sands seeing that the washing machine has both a wash and dry function. However, there was no instructions on how to work the machine and we tried the cycle with wash and dry but the dryer did not work at the end of the cycle and we called for help. The housekeeping staff had no idea how to work the machine and said we had to wait for a technician the next morning. In the meantime, they took our semi-wet clothes from the machine and promised to have it delivered the next day dried and folded. When we came back from a whole day of sightseeing the next day, our clothes were not returned and again the toiletries were not restocked properly as all they did was capped the bottle back with whatever was left in the bottle. We realised we had no shampoo and not enough body wash when we were in the shower and what an inconvenience it was to have to call for supplies when you are already wet!
The management was apologetic and gave us a bottle of wine and tray of cheese and fruits as gesture which kinda of redeemed the poor housekeeping service. However, with a suite hotel as well appointed as Cape Royale, management needs to ensure that housekeeping service is in line guest expectations given the price we pay for the rooms. Guest experience needs to be end to end and it's not enough to have friendly and excellent front office and restaurant service only to be frustrated with housekeeping services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Luxurious All-Suite, 5-star hotel, is centrally located, within walking distance to the Cape Town stadium, V&A Waterfront and close to all popular beaches. It offers bright spacious Suites with a Juliet balcony and includes a well-equipped kitchen and large living & entertainment areas. Guests have a choice between several dining options, Wellness Centre, Fitness Centre and a rooftop Pool Bar offering views of Cape Town Harbour and Table Mountain. Ask the Cape Royale Luxury Hotel concierge team to offer suggestion on Cape Town and surround activities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Cape Royale Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Royale Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Royale
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Royale Luxury Hotel Cape Town, South Africa