“Just beautiful, you won't be sorry to stay here.”

Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Ranked #44 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed November 30, 2012

What can I say about the Cape Royale, except that it is a fantastic hotel, only 15/20 minutes walk from the V & A Waterfront (or you can the free hotel shuttle bus), it is truly a five-star hotel with friendly efficient staff and a excellent base for your visit to Cape Town and the Western Cape.

The rooms are very comfortable and beautiful and the breakfasts are amazing, whether taken indoors or in sunshine on the terrace.

The suites contain all you need, virtually a full kitchen, i.e. toaster, coffee machine, fridge, washing/dryer, flat screen TV, CD Player, movie player, room safe and an excellent bathroom/shower.

I have to mention, the knowledgable and helpful staff on reception and guest services, i.e. Sedick and James, who made our stay for nine nights so enjoyable.

My wife and I look forward to returning to this city and this hotel in the not too distance future.

Thank you Cape Royale.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Royal Guest,

Fantastic Review, thank you kindly.
I am very pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that we managed to meet all your expectations. We pride ourselves in excellent service...especially our breakfast service which we note is the most important meal of the day.
Thanks for your feedback regarding the comfortable, spacious rooms and also for your comments regarding our staff; their friendliness and efficiency. Please be assured that I have shared your lovely comments with the team, especially Sedick and James, who are great ambassadors for Cape Royale and indeed the hospitality industry.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,542)

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Me and Family stayed in this hotel on 16th Nov and then again on the 25th Nov. I can not fualt the service that we recieved on our stay.

The Staff are frendily and extremly welcoming.

The hotel room was fantastic we stayed in room 706 - 3 Bed penthouse suite. The room was beautifully decorated and was spotlessly clean. The view to the water front was lovely.

Hotel Features - Roof top pool and bar. Prices were excellent. 20 Rand for a bottle of beer. It was much cheaper to use the hotel bar than going to the water front.

VIP Service - The hotel offers a Chaffure service to within a 5km radius. This is brilliant we used it twice once to take us to the water front and the other to take us to a local flee market. They even arranged to pick us on the return.

Location of the hotel is great. Its only about a 7 min walk to the waterfront ( we were lazy and used the VIP service )

I would 100% recomend this hotel. I work for a travel agent in the uk and I will be recomending this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in cape town.

Dear Lord Richard :-)

What a Fantastic Review, thank you kindly.
Thanks for the taking to time to write this and send us your valuable feedback. I also really appreciate your comments that you recommend us 100% and will encourage visitors from the UK to come and stay with us. This means alot to the whole team. We love what we do and comments like this, they make our jobs so much more worthwhile.

I wish you a wonderful festive season and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back....hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This must be one of THE best hotels in the world. Right through from reception to Moses in the bar and night duty manager Kevin, a highly intelligent and superb conversationalist, my short stay on the night of Tuesday November 20 2012 was superb.

The room was modern, airy, clean to the point of spotless and peaceful.

The highlight of my 11-hour stay was sipping a gin and tonic in the open air garden at the front of the hotel at 2am before retiring to bed to sleep off the 15-hour flight from Manchester in England which began at 6am on the Tuesday.

I slept like a log, ate a sumptious breakfast in the superbly-appointed restaurant and then was transported away by the cheery and extremely smart Luigi in his luxury taxi to embark on the rest of my journey around South Africa.

All thoroughly good value at what worked out at the price of 2 nights in a middle of the road hotel - 1200 rand or around 80 English pounds.

Room Tip: Just book one!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve B

Dear Steve,

I read your review and got goosebumps! I am so proud right now after having read your comments about our team and the service we provide here at Cape Royale. Thank you from the whole team, including; Moses, Kevin, Luigi.

I hope the rest of your trip around South Africa was as pleasant as your time spent with us and you travel safely home to Manchester.

Wishing you a very special festive season and many blessings for the new year ahead.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Excellent and luxurious hotel, excellent service.
Located at a walking distance from the Waterfront, Stadium and Restaurants.
Great landscape towards the port and Table Mountain.
There is a surprise when the guest first come in the hotel, must go and discover by yourself.

Dear Fabio,

A Great Review followed by a Great Stay - Thank you kindly.
It is so good to read reviews like this, as we pride ourselves in exceptional service levels.

May I wish you a fabulous festive season and a superb 2013.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I and our little boy just got back from a wonderful stay at The Cape Royale Hotel. I really wasnt put off by the Lord and Lady announcement, and think that some people are just very picky, why not just go with the flow and enjoy it! Its not really such a big deal. Before arrival we requested a room on the higher floors as suggested by other trip advisor reviewers. The Manager Terri Jabaar very kindly responded to my e-mails and we were given a lovely bright and spacious two-bedroomed suite with a full kitchen. The room was lovely and it was very handy throughout our stay to have a kitchen with microwave with a washer and dryer. This is my first holiday that on arriving home I dont have to rush and get the washing machine on. All the staff that we came into contact with were friendly and extremely helpful, to the fron desk to the porters, even those you just happened to meet walking around the hotel. The sky bar was open and you have some really outstanding views of Cape Town from the top.

I would highly recommend the room service from the 1800 Restaurant, my husband ordered steak and I had the slow roasted lamb shank, which was fabulous.Followed by Chocolate Bombe and Creme Brulee Totally worth it only 31 english pounds including Gratuity.

Some reviewers had complained about the noise, we were on the 6th floor and had a sea view, you did hear noise from the street and the disco, but it wasnt that bad. I was glad that we were high up though. I would have liked to see some information in the rooms. Some hotels have a leather bound brochure with details of the hotel, facilities times etc. I had to request a menu from the restaurant regarding room service, maybe it would be advisable to have this in the room, along with other information regarding Cape Town and trips etc. I am sure that reception would be happy to help with any enquiries but sometimes its nice to have these things in the room. I would also suggest some instructions regarding the washer/dryer, coffee maker, microwave to be available in the room itself.

All in all a lovely family holiday, and I will definately be back. Well done Cape Royale :-)

Room Tip: I would choose a higher floor due to noise from the street and the disco. Alternatively maybe a moun...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank emmadurban

Dear Lady Emma and family,

Thank you for your comments, for the great feedback you have given us and also for your recommendations. It was a pleasure to assist you with your requests.
Please be advised that we do have a guest directory with instructions included in it for the washing machine etc aswell as a menu for In Room Dining, these should have been placed in your suite. My sincere apologies that this was not made available to you. I iwll indeed follow up with my team and check the suites.

Once again thank you for your comments and may I wish you a lovely festive season and a wonderful 2013.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Amazing hotel, could not find better.

My wife and I were in Cape Town in October 2012, The Cape Royale is fantastic. The staff were friendly, the food was out of this world and our room was first class.

I have traveled all over the world and could not remember a stay in such a professional, clean and friendly environment.

Special thanks to Sedick who organised all of our day adventures and tours, you are worth your weight in gold.

From the second you walk in and the "gong" sounds you know you have found the best place in Cape Town….rivals the best in the world

We will be back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Lord James,

What can I say but a huge THANK YOU.
This is a very special review you have given us. Your comments: professionalism, clean, friendly, the best in the world...these words just encourage us to keep doing what we do best -look after and service our very special guests to the best of our ability. From my team, Sedick and myself, thank you kindly.

Have a wonderful festive season and a fabulous 2013.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Cape Royale. It has wonderfully large rooms with kitchenette. The service is great although I am not a fan of the "Lord and Lady" announcements or designation.) The hotel is very accommodating and helpful - from the room service, housekeeping, to concierge, porters and check in. Breakfast is wonderful and the location is perfect. If your looking for a sophisticated hotel with a good fitness facility, this is not it. The gym is very under-equipped. I would recommend staying there as long as they gym is not a priority.

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your great review. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Thanks also for your constructive comments regarding the Lord and Lady titles aswell as your comments regarding the gym.
Regarding the gym. we do have a limited space available at the gym, hence why we provide only the essential gym equipment. We can assist with access to a much karger gym should this service be required.

Once again thank you for your comments.